Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ADS-B (in) and Transponder Antennae

Default Re: ADS-B (in) and Transponder Antennae

Not sure this is entirely relevant, but I'm not sure that antenna location is
    really that critical (I might be wrong). I have my little home brew stratux with
    it's antenna located between my instrument panel, and firewall in amongst
    all the wiring - Works great. This started as an experiment, BUT I receive with
    zero problems .... So I have just kept it there.

Likely once I get my uavionix, I'll mount it inside a wingtip since there's
    a lot of space out there, and it's clear of other stuff.

My airplane already looks like a porcupine with dual navcom, gps, transponder,
    elt, gs, and marker antenna's so I kind of need to use the wingtip. My
    bottom cowling has a glassed in dipole glideslope antenna in it, so that's
    a possible location a person could put an antenna

Jeff

I am building a KF5. The location of the transponder antenna mount is just behind the passenger seat aft of the header tank. I am using the Garmin GTX327 and the echoUAT/skyFYX combo so, I appear to need a second antenna for the echoUAT. According to the installation manual I need to mount this second antenna 1 meter from the GTX327 transponder antenna on a ground plane that is at least 200mm in diameter. Has anyone else run into the issue of where to mount that second antenna? (pics would be appreciated)

Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I am building a KF5. The location of the transponder antenna mount is just behind the passenger seat aft of the header tank. I am using the Garmin GTX327 and the echoUAT/skyFYX combo so, I appear to need a second antenna for the echoUAT. According to the installation manual I need to mount this second antenna 1 meter from the GTX327 transponder antenna on a ground plane that is at least 200mm in diameter. Has anyone else run into the issue of where to mount that second antenna? (pics would be appreciated)

Maverick
    Maverick do a search for ADSB and find the one started by Jeffbock and you will find a good discussion on this very subject with photos of how I installed my second antenna on my Series 5 . I would provide a link to that thread if I could figure out how to reference it for you, but as they say I am technically challenged in those matters. Bruce N199CL

I just installed the uavionics adsb as you mentioned in my KF5, and put the antenna behind the pilots seat area and Bruce is right there are pics of this on this site.
    Very easy install too!
    Tony
    Kitfox 5 Vixon
    Flying

Kitfox 5 Vixon
    Flying

I had two inspection covers on the belly back where the elevator pushrods link. I used one of the covers to mount the antenna with ground plane. Works great.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Maverick,here is the link I was referring to for antenna locations https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...b+installation, lots of good installation info in this thread, Bruce N199CL