Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model 2 airspeed indicator

Default Model 2 airspeed indicator

Had to replace out my airspeed indicator. Original equipment in mine is factory supplied by Denney with correct color markings and Kitfox logo on the face of the instrument. I'd love to get one of the OEM type as the new one goes up to 140 mph and isn't as accurate, especially in the low speed ranges, but haven't been able to find one. I can put color tapes on the glass face of the new one to make it legal but that's pretty tacky. So, I'm left with either finding one of the OEM types or getting the dial on the new one custom treated with the color bands around the outside of the scale.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chris

Default Re: Model 2 airspeed indicator

Chris, Not sure if Kitfox Aircraft have any of the old Denney marked airspeed indicators available. Maybe they have one with the proper ranges though. Could check with John and Deb. Aircraft Spruce carries quite an assortment also.
    I just checked on Ebay as they have on occasion listed that very Denney Aerocraft airspeed indicator for sale. None right now but several that would work for your Kitfox . Not sure what model you have. Guessing a model 3 or older. Maybe someone on the Forum has one sitting collecting dust. Give it a couple days as some members don't check the postings on a daily basis. Good luck.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear