Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: One very fine build!

Default One very fine build!

I had the pleasure of calling in on Ben's (mcgaero - Aus S7 Kitfox) build yesterday. I have mentioned before that this is going to be an exemplar of the S7 based on seeing Ben's previous efforts. But yesterdays visit left me humbled, impressed, educated and inspired - what a great mixture of first class professionalism (the guy does maintain-off shore helos for a living!) and aesthetic good taste, bordering on artistry. I know Ben will post more and I don't want to steal his thunder but I was soo impressed I couldn't help but share just a few photos of his wonderful work!

cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Re: One very fine build!

I have a lot to live up to with all those kind words Ross!!! Haha

Thanks for going out of your way to stop by, I always enjoy talking Kitfoxs and getting fired up for fly a way trips!

I will post some more photos after this laborious stage of sanding and painting. Just realised, No more fibreglass work to be done... feels like the home straight!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Well, Ross is certainly not wrong; that looks like a lovely machine you've constructed thus far and may it continue in the same manner

Very nice work Ben. The throttle locations are an interesting idea ... looks like you prefer flying right hand stick. And that heater control. Wow !

So, just looking at what you've done here has convinced me that - I'm parking mine in the car park when we meet up at fly-ins .....
    David
    SS7 Builder

I love the concept of the left seat throttle and the reasons for it. The installation is very neat and does credit to Ben. However, I cannot help but wonder how many times there may be surprised looks on his face when he gets in or out of the aircraft. I think there may be quite a bit of butt lifting going on

Very nice work. I've been toying with a similar throttle idea, but just in the center like you have there. Curious what else runs through the center there and if you had space issues?

Very nice Ben. My kitfox looks like a bag of turds compared to yours and Johns. I also prefer flying right handed. I first got my license in gliders so it’s wgat feels most at home for me. However I just decided I’d probably get Comfy with it pretty quick.
    Last edited by Esser; 03-01-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Quote Originally Posted by tracstarr View Post
    Very nice work. I've been toying with a similar throttle idea, but just in the center like you have there. Curious what else runs through the center there and if you had space issues?
    It is tight in the centre console with the throttle but doable, I also have a high pressure fuel pump in there for the fuel injection system so there's not a lot of space left.
    I remember someone wanted photos of the linkage system I made to link the two throttles so I will add that to my build page soon as I'm about to take the seat out.

Dave and Josh... your too are on your selves! I recon you two will probably be both flying well before I'm in the air!
    And I'm sure they will all look magnificent parked next to one another, although that might be a little hard Parking next to Josh's Kitfox... I don't fancy the flight
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233