I am also not arguing. I think it's a good discussion to have. I do want to encourage you, and anyone else reading this thread, to make a decision informed by data and/or analysis, and not anecdote and/or speculation.

I do think it's possible, probably even likely, that the glue alone will do just fine. Kitfoxes were built that way with Poly-Fiber for quite some time. Of course, that was before people were putting 140 HP engines and STi wings on them.

I don't know that the mass of the material will matter much. Whatever attachment you use must resist the weight of the airplane at 3.8G regardless of the fabric density. The fabric density would come into play for dynamic loading, but I would not expect the effect to be dramatic. In fact, it may be that the fabric with higher density resists dynamic or transient loads better because it has more inertia than the lighter fabric. (Quasi-informed speculation only).

As a low-fidelity test, bond a strip to a piece of varnished wood, and try peeling it off. You could even attach a fish scale, pull it at 180 degrees at a rate of 6"/min and calculate the ASTM peel strength. My back-of-the-envelope calculation gives a peel strength requirement of about 4.5 lbs/in assuming a uniform spanwise lift distribution, which is not realistic. Unless you're ready to get into some hard-core modeling, you could assume a triangular lift distribution, which would double that and should be somewhat conservative. Then add some safety margin.

To be complete, you'd want to repeat the test at 5, 10, 15, and 20 years, but I assume you plan to have your plane built long before then. You could make up the samples, and perform the tests at intervals, which would let you know over time whether you need to worry about the bond.