Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Throttle Adjustment

Default Throttle Adjustment

Does anyone have information on the proper throttle adjustment for the kitfox with 912 uls? With the twist adjustment all the way loose what RPM should it be when you pull it all the way back for engine idle? When at idle it wants to creep back up if you let go?

Default Re: Throttle Adjustment

Idle setting is a highly personal and different among Rotax owners. Rotax recommends 1800, but most folks find this too high. I have mine set at about 1600, which still gives me a good comfort level against the engine dying on landing approach. I know others have gone lower than this, some much lower. The lower you go, the more "air-braking" you get, which is good. Start out at 1700-1800 and then back it down as you get a better feel for your engine and your own comfort level.

If it creeps up when you let go you need to put in more friction and/or install lighter throttle springs (I used the lightest springs McFarlane sells for the Rotax 912).
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

When adjusting the idle should I take some of it up in the cables and some on the screws?

Follow the Rotax manual for synchronizing the carbs. The manual is available as a free download in .pdf format at Rotax-owner.com.

Ralph

At idle the throttle arm should rest against the screw stop and the cable stop should bottom out simultaneously.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

It was all messed up. So basically adjust the stop screws to the correct low idle the move the cable stops to match?

I know this is off subject but does anyone have the w and b loading graphs. I have the sheet that came with the plane but there are no graphs.