Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avionics

Default Re: Avionics

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSS View Post
    Here's a few screenshots of screens I've been playing with recently. Bear in mind that until a couple of weeks ago I din't have the first clue what I was doing. I'm still working on the engine screen (which I'm going to use as my start up screen) and the gap in the bottom right will be for the checklists, with just a forward and back arrow to go through them.

You'll notice I haven't got fuel tank information but that's because the Eurofox (that I'll be building) doesn't have contents senders and I'm happy with that. You can install trim and flap information if you wish (and use electricity for those) but, again, I'm just keeping it manual and simple.

You'll have synthetic vision etc but I just haven't loaded that stuff yet.

This is for a 912iS, hence the lack of CHTs and, instead, MAT & EAT.
    Thanks Paul that looks sweet. Are you running an autopilot? I think I am going to run the wires for a autopilot servo for later down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Dustin, I moved this post from antennas thread to it’s own so we don’t hijack the antenna thread.

I went with MGL’s Lite iEFIS and V-6 com radio to keep costs down. Still has more features than I’ll need. Installation was simple with the engine RDAC module and canbus system. Havent flown behind it yet but powered up it looks really good. No where near $10,000.00 however I only wanted one screen.

Attachment 15055
    I like your panel that looks sweet. Is that carbon fiber back for the panel or did you just wrap it? Where did you get it from? Can you post another picture closeup of your panel? I like you only have a few switches and your panel is clean. Do you have to have a separate power supply to these avionics for "clean" power?

The Dynon website has everything you need to know, including prices. Generally you can do somewhat better pricewise if you buy a complete package at a show. I bought my Skyview package from ACS at the Arlington, WA show and saved about 10%.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Shadowrider- The panel surrond is formed carbon fiber looking plastic. DesertFox1 made it.
    I did not use a clean power supply.

96DD0CA9-E495-4C31-BF67-5A573E391D16.jpg

CD5D45B6-66AD-404C-89D5-CF048168B325.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I need to do some work behind the dash what is the best way to get back there. Remove the top?

Quote Originally Posted by PapuaPilot View Post
    Don't buy your avionics till you are ready to install them in the plane. So much changes so fast. Also the warranty may start ticking. At this point you want to start looking, deciding on the brand, what components are needed, where they go in your plane, antennas, wiring routing, etc. If you are able I would suggest spending 2-3 days minimum at Oshkosh visiting Garmin, Dynon, MGL, etc. so you can see the products first hand.

Wise words, agree completely.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive