Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Power tools

Default Re: Power tools

All right then, I am up to speed on pulling rivets. Yes, I made the assumption that pulling was removing. I use google all the time but sometimes think that the answer is too specialized to actually find something in google, but am frequently surprised at what it turns up.

I could never have pulled 50 Stainless Steel rivets on the flapperon hangers by using my hand puller. Pneumatic was necessary for me.
    Eddie

Which pneumatic puller do you all have? Is there a "best" or "better" one? What features should you look for?

Thanks!

Harbor Freight. It's not like were going to use it a lot. Honestly, I worried about its reliability when doing the struts with all that Hysol. Not sure I could have finished pulling all those rivets before the Hysol dried. It works well for the job and its still pulling.

I used the same one from Harbor Freight, worked very well. In addition to the balance weights on the flaperons, there were a bunch more on the firewall. I pulled a half dozen by hand, then gave up and bought the pneumatic.