Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project finished

Default Re: Project finished

Beautiful aircraft! Enjoy your test flights... Let us know how it goes!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Thanks for all the replies, didn't expect that many, it grabbed my attention the empty weight issue. Weighted with no gas on the wing tanks, just the gallon behind the seat, don't know if that matters. The equipment used is from a Cessna shop right next where I built my airplane so they use it often to do weight and balance. So I told the guy that does this my concern about the airplane been light and he says the scales are fine, but anyway I'm going to check them with my weight just to get that bug out of my head.
    We ran it on the runway several times with the nose up (big runway) and lifted off the ground like 30 inches, looks like is going to fly fine, need adjustment on the throttle, it dies at low idle.
    Thanks again.
    Leonardo

I don't know if it's an issue but here's what I experienced. I built my Model 4 light (I thought), all speedster except for the long wing. It's a tail dragger with Grove gear, 912ul and basic panel with a lightweight Becker comm and no transponder. I first weighed it with 3 sets of bathroom scales. then my A&P buddy offered to weigh it with his aircraft scales. They're "high end" aviation, certified, digital scales that calculate CG. Anyway, I'm sure they're more accurate than my "cheapo" bathroom scales. Guess what! It gained 40 or 50 pounds. My Model 4 is heavier than your 7. So you see why I have some doubts about your empty weight. Could be and I hope it's right. Either way, good luck with yours. James Thomas

Hello everyone, it's been long time since I don't enter the forum. Wish I can find the time to read some of new builders doubts and give an opinion. Got pictures of the building process from rib lacing to end, if anybody want to know how I did it, feel free to ask.
    Finally got tail number, can you believe? It took 1 year 1 month to get it, now hopefully next week will file for an inspection request for a type certificate and that's going to be another long story.

Good luck Leonarda! Nice looking Kitfox!!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Wow! that is a nice KF. Thought I had problems. 13 months? Good luck on the next document Leonardo.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X