Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Airshow discounts

Default Airshow discounts

It seems like when I’ve been to airshows many of the vendors offer airshow discounts. I really didn’t pay attention since I didn’t own an aircraft, but now that I’m thinking about it... Is this a good way to save money? Typical savings? Which airshows are best? Sun n fun, Oshkosh, etc. I definitely have a Jekle and Hyde in my thoughts of building, wanting the best and wanting it cheap...

Ps. Any of the teamkitfox advertisers offer discounts to teamkitfox members?
    Last edited by littlecricket; 01-06-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Default Re: Airshow discounts

I bought my Aero Led's at Oshkosh. I believe AS&S gives a 10% discount then and no tax. You can hold off on Rotax engines for as long as possible. I bought mine early because prices "always" go up right. Well, 6 months later it was selling for $1200 cheaper. It only lasted about 2 months and it went back up.

I’ve gotten discounts just by talking with vendors and asking them if they can offer me anything. Never hurts to ask and doesn’t work every time. I did save a very good chunk from one of our site sponsors going this route.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    I bought my Aero Led's at Oshkosh. I believe AS&S gives a 10% discount then and no tax. You can hold off on Rotax engines for as long as possible. I bought mine early because prices "always" go up right. Well, 6 months later it was selling for $1200 cheaper. It only lasted about 2 months and it went back up.
    I think the 914 just went up about $4500. It was $26,995, and it looks like it's now $31,539.

Or another way to look at it is they reduced the premium of the 915iS over the 914...

Quote Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
    I think the 914 just went up about $4500. It was $26,995, and it looks like it's now $31,539.
    Ouch! That hurts. Better start looking at used.

I received a pretty decent discount on a set of Hooker harnesses for my Series V at Osh
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF