Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Fox!

Default Freedom Fox!

Trent is trying for 10k subscribers this year. Let's help him out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlCWuLMzu0s
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Default Re: Freedom Fox!

Done. Add one more.
    Love Trent's videos.
    He is a talented videographer.
    He's a good ambassador for the Kitfox design and community. I've enjoyed watching him learn the aircraft and all it offers.

Enjoyed meeting up with him at Field's Station and the flight to the dry lake bed on the way back to the 2017 Kitfox Aircraft Factory Fly-In.
    That was a fun flight Larry.

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Funny this was posted. I am visiting my son for the Christmas holiday's and of course our main discussions revolve around airplanes and flying. He has been watching Trent's videos and had me check them out also. Not much of a youtuber...but I will say that I was impressed. Good videos with some good info.

Great videos and congrats on the photo of the Mangy Fox in the latest issue of Sport Aviation.
    Mike Kahle
    Jackson, MO
    IV Classic 582
    RV-12is building

Yes, Steve, it was an awesome experience that I hope to repeat many more times!

Thank you Kahle. I still haven't gotten my copy of SA for January. I've seen it online, but not in print, yet.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I just received mine today. I'm also the guy who visited with you at Osh while you were guarding you plane during the 5K.
    Mike Kahle
    Jackson, MO
    IV Classic 582
    RV-12is building

Okay, I remember you. .

Here's half of the Mangy's centerfold...

Mangy copy.jpg
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Well, Trent now has one additional subscriber. I have seen several of his videos and enjoy his style. Will he be sending out dividend checks after youtube makes him filthy/rotten rich?

Default Re: Freedom Fox! Trent Palmer

Trent is in a perfect spot right now for maximizing and controlling his brand and his youtube future.

He is young, having a ton of fun, clearly passionate and talented with video and story telling and successfully building the Trent Palmer bad ass bush plane & epic adventure brand one awesome back country experience at a time.

Trent is without question a great ambassador for the entire experimental aircraft movement and more specific, currently kitfox bush planes. He has inspired more people, young and old, than he will ever know and this magnetic Mayberry connection is growing daily. Other media forms, primarily aviation print will pick up on Trent’s momentum and further expand his reach with even more exposure and followers. YouTube subscribers and views will ultimately determine Trent’s brand value. Then the race for sponsors and product placement explodes, but is already in motion.

Other brands are eying Trents talents and loyal following with envy and the reality is clear, Trent’s momentum will soon position him to enjoy free everything from tires to shocks to props to electronics to engines to planes, and this is where things start to get fuzzy for kitfox.

Trent is flying a kitfox now because that is what he can afford, remember his comment that a Carbon Cub was the gold standard, and cost as much as a house and he was not at a point in his life to financially consider it. A free or gifted Carbon Cub changes that entry barrier and this should be a huge concern for kitfox. Trent’s YouTube success is the biggest marketing benefit and also the biggest marketing threat to kitfox. The bigger Trent’s youtube value gets, the more other brands like Rans or Carbon Cub want him. If kitfox does not move soon with a new S7 and lock up a Trent Palmer / kitfox ambassador partnership the kitfox brand will suffer with a spotlight shift to another platform brand, unless Trent wants to maintain full control without Corp pressures and influence and stick with the V model. Free is never free.

Trent can further increase his YouTube views with incorporating product flight test comparison in some episodes, along with added casual back country flight safety training commentary, leeward downdraft caution etc. Everyone wins here. The public likes and trust this guy a lot and brands want his endorsement. Companies will eagerly send product to Trent for free evaluation with the winner most likely wanting Trent to just keep their product in exchange for the massive future YouTube exposure and promotion.

There is an identical Cinderella story in the sailing world right now with “la Vegabond” (youtube search it). An oil rig worker saves his money, quits his job, buys a small used budget sail boat in Italy, sets off with zero sailing hours to see the world, meets a hot chic who has a camera and a YouTube account and no commitments and 350,000 subscribers later they are cruising the world in a million dollar multi hull cat that a factory in France made available to them at no charge. The new boat is promoted by default in every global adventures posted on their YouTube channel - brilliant. These sailors sold out to the Corp world which did remove the unknown romantic survival element, but they are certainly enjoying the awesome new boat much more and their subscribers have exploded which results in nice product placement deals and a monthly deposit.

Trent, keep up the awesome work. If you are ever in park city Utah skiing or biking look me up. Or even better, if you ever want to do a lake Powell segment reach out to me, I have a houseboat down there that can be a good basecamp for a few days. Flying at Powell is beyond measure!

Talking Re: Freedom Fox!

And so it begins...
    A free house boat on Lake Powell.