Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Fox!

Default Re: Freedom Fox!

If the timing is right, I could be interested in his Kitfox when his 'gift plane' is ready.

I really have to say, that at this point in time Trent strikes me as a really down-to-Earth type of young man. I am going to assume that that won't change if/when fame and fortune catches up with him. Of course, that is really up to him.

See how it works, Trent? Just a teeny, tiny bit of fame and we already have you under the microscope!!!

Personally I don't give a rats behind about branding. I bought a Kitfox because they have a high safety rating, sporty reputation and can be built inexpensively.
    I bought a 5 project because it is basically the same as a 7 but waaaaaayyyy less $$. Basically the same reason Trent did. Trent has however spent a lot of $$$$$$ on upgrades and mods.
    If he moves away from Kitfox - he will lose some followers but gain others. Everyone has their price...
    I'm hoping to finish mine in '18 and meet up with Trent somewhere to see how my Model 5 340 BossFox performs next to his Freedom Fox!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

I've shown a few of Trent's videos to non aviation types and they think his Freedom Fox is cool compared to the other planes in his videos.

I think his round cowled Model 5 Kitfox STI actually does a better job of representing the Kitfox brand than a new Kitfox would because that cute little round cowl identifies the brand better because it is more unique than the cowl designs used on most all other aircraft, and of course is what early on gave the Kitfox brand it's image. I know everyone doesn't like the round cowl, but the public sure does based on what I've experienced. I get constant compliments from people when they see my little round cowled Model 4 floatplane.

Not that I don't like the new Kitfox SS, but the Freedom Fox STI is really a great cross of the old and new, making it the quintessential Kitfox overall. And then there is that patriotic stars and stripes paint schene,,, If someone gifts him with a Carbon Cub it is unlikely to have the stage presence of his Kitfox, and from what I see it wouldn't be much of a move up, if at all.

I think Steve Henry does a great job for the SuperStol. I think no matter what, if you have a unique channel, it will get attention for the brand. What really sets Trent apart from everyone else is his cinematic skills and eye for shots. It’s not 30 min of the same GoPro angle. It also helps that he is young.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Smile Re: Freedom Fox!

"It also helps that he is young." ...... Stirring up us old farts again Josh?!

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Quote Originally Posted by rosslr View Post
    "It also helps that he is young." ...... Stirring up us old farts again Josh?!

r
    Rossir , from what I've seen of your adventures, Trent has nothing on you! signed, another old guy

Yeah Ross. If you recall, Your posts have inspired me to go back in the garage too.
    Eddie

I'm kinda hoping if anyone "Gifts" Trent anthing it is Rotax giving him a 915is for his Freedom Fox so he can show the world what a Kitfox can really do!

But then again, his Freedom Fox as it is performs very well and is excellent for showing newcomers that you don't need a 250 to 300k bushplane to have a blast!! Personally, I think that is the real value of his videos.

I could see Kitfox company making a special Freedom Fox tribute model of a Super Sport STI Model 7 but with a round bump cowl. I think there is already a market...

Very nice of you Eddie ad Bruce ...but I think Josh is right - Trent brings a vitality to his flying adventures that is inspiring. Plus his technical ability with video coupled with his considerable presenter talents make his contributions second to none. Love his videos!

No pressure Josh ... we just expect you and Trent and Ben to keep us oldies young!!!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

I’ll be one of the first to openly admit that Trent was a huge reason we purchased a Kitfox kit.

About a year ago my fiancée and I stumbled on his videos while I was working through my private pilot cert and thought they were awesome but didn’t think much further about it. Fast forward to July, we saw his plane sitting in Oshkosh while we were riding the tram (“hey that’s that sweet red white and blue plane that has the awesome back country videos!”).

Jump to November, my CFI called me and mentioned his buddy was selling a Kitfox IV kit for a good price. A few phone calls and a visit later, and back to YouTube for Trent’s videos and it was a done deal. Very excited for this new adventure and Trent’s videos are a huge motivator!