Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Safety trim wiring in parallel

Default Re: Safety trim wiring in parallel

How does a servo know the speed you are flying and how would a servo be able to adjust your trim? The servo is connected directly to the push/pull control rod.
    Perhaps I have a lot to learn here?

First, the Garmin Auto Pilot servos are connected to your Garmin G3X, (in my case). The G3X receives all the Pitot Data, so the computer knows your airspeed. It is the Auto Pilot servo (receiving info from the G3X) that is connected to the push pull tube of the elevator. As for the Trim Servo, It is in fact connected to the bottom of the horizontal Stabilizer, raising and lowering the leading edge of that wing. That trim switch is wired into the Garmin system so that the Garmin can adjust trim to lighten the load on the AP servos. All this, I am sure, applies to any of the Glass Panels. That function works with or without an Auto Pilot if I am not mistaken.
    Eddie

Okay, good to know

Thanks