Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotax 582 vibrations

Default Rotax 582 vibrations

I just bought a Kitfox model 2 with a 582 and my instructor thinks that the engine produce a lot of vibrations in the cabin;

Is there anybody noticed such problems ?

Excuse me for my bad english i'm french.

Default Re: Rotax 582 vibrations

hello GDN,..if you have vibration you need to syncronize your carbs ,..check the carberator jets to see if they are the same size and check to see if the needle is set on the same gernal

bonjour GDN.. si vous avez la vibration vous avez besoin Ã* syncronize de votre carbs.. vérifient les jets de carberator pour voir s'ils sont la même grandeur et le chèque pour voir si l'aiguille est mise sur même gernal

Chase
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 09-18-2009 at 07:55 PM.

OK i'll see synchro, for the needle they are at the same position (3) for the jet i'll see. Thanks

providing that all is set the same internally on the carbs ,..now make sure that they are both opening and closing together in time ,..

if it's not the carbs then check your prop,..if it's a wood prop and the finish is worn,..you might have more moisture in one of the blades then the other making it unbalanced,..if its a composite ground adjustable prop,..the blades might not be all set at the same degree ,..look for knicks and or cracks in the prop.

if is not the carbs or the prop ,..then check the lash on the gear box,..how many hours on the engine and gear box?,..check lube level in gear box,..check to see if the shaft to prop moves up or down,..in or out.
    try to twist the shaft by pushing in on a top blade and pulling out on a bottom blade,..and back and forth

if it's not any of the above items ,..then check motor mounts,..if one is broken and someone put a solid mount on one of the mounts,..clearances on the motor to the motor mount,.. motor mount connections to fuselage

in low idle ,..the 582's will vibrate and also on shut down,..but usually once you get above 2,000 rpm the vibration dampens.

if all is good after checking ,..then it's back to the carbs ,..time for a rebuild,..during rebuild ,..check needle for straighteness,.make sure all gernals in carb are clean,.

when you pull the bowls to check the jet sizes ,..any debri in the bowl?
    fuel filters ,..is there one for each carb or one for both?

Chase
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 09-19-2009 at 06:13 AM.

All is ok !

The big problem of this Kitfox is no flight during six months so after complete unmount of the 2 carbs and complete good cleaning now is turning like a swiss clock !

Thanks for all your aid i am proud to become a member of the kitfox family.

Oliver

great and welcome aboard

Chase

Bad news.

Finally after trying the aircraft on runway with any take off my instructor feel very bad at return. He says " i have the feeling that the engine will come on my knees !"
    I tested it myself and until 3000 rpm lots of vibrations after it clean and smooth.

Is anybody knows the value in shore of the silentbloc mount for the 582 Rotax on a KF2 ?

Carb syncro + propeller changed + so ?

Excuse me but i've got bad technical english what the meaning of "LASH"
    The engine has, if i believe it's previous owner, 100 hours, i check the gearbox oil level it's OK.

"lash" is a term meaning spacing between gear teeth,...usually it ranges between 4000ths and 6000ths,..if your still getting vibration I would go to the prop to check it's balancing,..cracks,.knicks ,..excessive wear ,..check all blades if it's a ground adjustable to insure they are all set at right degree ,..measure from hub to tip on each blade,..to ensure all blades are the same in length,..I say this because I have had an incident where a previous owner sanded almost 1/8" off of a tip on one blade to hide a scar,..it took me a while to figure out where the vibration was coming from ,..not until after I had replaced the prop and stood the old blades up in a box for storage , then I see the shorter blade.

Chase

Or: .004-.006" (.10-.15mm) clearance, usually checked with wires or feeler gauge material.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos