Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seat pan questions

Default Seat pan questions

20170930_165752.jpg

20171001_092808.jpg

Is the slot for the center seat belts located on the back (vertical) portion of the seat pan as shown, or is it suppose to be lower on the horizontal portion?

I have a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch gap on the edges of the seat pan, how is this area closed/filled?

Thanks
    Brian

Default Re: Seat pan questions

Hello Brian
    My center hole is split between the vertical and horizontal portions if the seat. when my seat belts are attached and secured around my waist, I dont have any bunching up of the seat belt at the top or bottom of the slot. If your side slot was as high as your center slot, I suppose nothing would bunch up either but your belt may be riding higher than you would like. As for the gap on the side, there is no mention of closing that gap. Might be one of my few fiberglass projects. It would be very simple to add fiberglass there to thicken the sides 1/4 inch then throw fabric over it.. If you add the stainless steel door edge you will eat up some of that gap also. If you get it too close to the airframe I found that it hangs up on that lip and makes it difficult to lift the pan out. I may leave mine as it is.
    Eddie

Brian, attached are a couple of pics that i hope help.

20171001_155044.jpg

20171001_155105.jpg
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Hello Brian
    My center hole is split between the vertical and horizontal portions if the seat. when my seat belts are attached and secured around my waist, I dont have any bunching up of the seat belt at the top or bottom of the slot. If your side slot was as high as your center slot, I suppose nothing would bunch up either but your belt may be riding higher than you would like. As for the gap on the side, there is no mention of closing that gap. Might be one of my few fiberglass projects. It would be very simple to add fiberglass there to thicken the sides 1/4 inch then throw fabric over it.. If you add the stainless steel door edge you will eat up some of that gap also. If you get it too close to the airframe I found that it hangs up on that lip and makes it difficult to lift the pan out. I may leave mine as it is.
    Eddie
    I don't see the Stainless Steel Door edges in the kitfox store...........where do you get them?
    Thanks for the replies, the pics and info help a lot. Thanks again.

Brian

Call the factory and ask for the door edges. They have lots of things not listed in the catalog.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

The factory has so much more than what is in the catalog. I think the stainless is about $75 per side. You have to miter and cut it yourself.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    The factory has so much more than what is in the catalog. I think the stainless is about $75 per side. You have to miter and cut it yourself.
    Eddie
    $75 a side and it's not cut and mitered? Wow, I like supporting kitfox but I can do that locally for a 1/4 of the price.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I purchased a small piece if stainless from "online metals" and used the "brake" at work to make the door edges.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Anyone have a picture of the stainless trim installed? I'm not sure what it looks like. How does it attach?

Some photos of stainless door guard install. Got mine from Kitfox Aircraft.

Had to relieve for cross tubing that goes under the front of the seat pan and trim to length. Worked slow with dremel and belt/disc sander as not to overheat and discolor the stainless.
    Installed them mostly to avoid paint damage from feet while entering and exiting aircraft.

Bonded in place with 3M 560 adhesive.

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

3m 560 adheasive.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear