The issue is pretty clear if you study the information available. I think that then you might have a better idea of why many are up in arms over this. The situation in Canada is really not that comparable to the U.S., in my opinion, Josh. The number of airports and the amount of air traffic far outnumbers what is in Canada. It is said by some that the Canadian system can be easily scaled to work the same here. Others are not so sure. A 2015 study also found that the Canadian system was costing about 8 cents more per air mile than in the U.S. I'm glad you only pay $70 per year. I pay nothing, other than taxes on fuel, which is enough, and believe me, will not go away after privatization. "If it is done right" is a big "if". The proposal here would basically have the show run by the airlines, and they have proven, time and time again, to not be the best friends of general aviation in this country. People who fly like most of us on this forum will be some of the big losers if this were to become a reality. The big airline companies would be ecstatic.