Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: VFR panel ideas ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: VFR panel ideas ??

Hi Brian - I don't know if this will be helpful... I hope so. I too am building an SS7, and decided from the get-go that I wanted only VFR "old fashioned" steam gauges - plus a few whistles & bells. Keep in mind that I used some relatively expensive individual 1.25" UMA engine monitoring instruments - there are cheaper options. Everything is new. I used mil-spec sealed Honeywell toggle switches, TruTrak Digitrak single-axis autopilot, Garmin com radio and Garmin Mode C Transponder, iFly 740 GPS, uAvionix ADS-B in & out, TruTrak solid-state Pictorial Turn & Bank, etc. Everything, including wire, connectors, etc. was about 10 grand. The bulk of that is in the avionics. I think you could build a basic panel for a lot less than that. I like the looks and the concept of individual gauges and components, and that's why I did it - not because it would be a lot cheaper. It's what I wanted... it just suits me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime