Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dynon Quick Panel?

Question Dynon Quick Panel?

It has crept into Dynon's Quick Panel advertisements that they offer Quick Panels for the Kitfox. While their website and literature show plenty of examples for various RV's, Carbon Cubs and Sportsman aircraft, there are no images, examples, or pricing information for Kitfox. Has anyone seen or heard of a Quick Panel install on a Kitfox? My back-of-the-envelope calculation shows that a Quick Panel is about a 25% premium over DIY, or about $3k in absolute terms for a single EFIS VFR setup. That buys you a complete, professionally engineered panel and substantially simplified wiring if you believe the literature. Worth it?

Default Re: Dynon Quick Panel?

I'm pretty sure Advanced Flight Systems builds the quick panels for Dynon. They are really honest and helpful. Just give them a call and ask.

Scott
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Quote Originally Posted by AirFox View Post
    I'm pretty sure Advanced Flight Systems builds the quick panels for Dynon. They are really honest and helpful. Just give them a call and ask.

Scott
    Per a recent visit to Dynon, I believe they now own AFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Flienlow View Post
    Per a recent visit to Dynon, I believe they now own AFS.
    Dynon owns part of AFS. AFS really has some innovative features. If your looking at the Dynon EFIS I would highly recommend looking at AFS Efis too.

Scott
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

A while back I had seen the owner of AFS take a ride in a Kitfox and enjoyed it so much he said he would like have one of these. Has the quick panel option been confirmed? I really don't see it on their site. Seems like a nice option for a speedy build.

The quick panel is a confirmed option for either the AFS or the Skyview panel. They have an add on the inside front cover of EAA Sport Aviation that confirms this.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I called them many weeks ago and confirmed they can do a quick panel for a series 7. They said the lead time is about 12 weeks.

Certainly would be a nice option having those electronic breakers and switching all tied in and ready to go