Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Barnstormer Ads...

Default Barnstormer Ads...

I've never really used Barnstormers much before, I've always shopped Trade-A-Plane. There seems to be a lot more Kitfoxes listed on Barnstormers so I'm been poking around there.

It seems quite a few ads are, "I'm placing this ad for a friend of mine, so don't call or email me but call..."

Are these legit or do you think these are brokers? Any thoughts?

Default Re: Barnstormer Ads...

I think they are ok for the most part. I very much doubt there are many brokers dealing in Kitfoxes... just seems like a small niche that they won't make that much money in.

Barnstormers has taken over the online aircraft sales market over the last few years. Kind of like Craigslist did to the classified market. The rates are cheap to list and there are lots of buyers looking all the time.

What can it hurt to give them a call if you're interested.
    Andy Karmy
    Kitfox 7 - 912S - SOLD
    Auburn, WA

http://kitfoxflying.com

Snaproll, I'm with Andy on giving them a call. I've noticed that "selling for a friend" line many times and always assumed the seller was not computer literate or had no computer or web access. Barnstormer has a pretty good reputation as far as I can tell. Brokers it seems to me would be all too happy to talk with a potential buyer. Anyway, good luck.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

bought and sold with Barnstormers....have never had a problem or issue...lots of traffic on that site and easy to do

Responding to ads in Barnstormers over the last two weeks, I bought an engine(912 ULS), Daynon display, comm radio, ELT, transponder and antennas from as many individuals. Every thing was as advertised, not a single disappointment. Talked to a bunch of decent people of good character. Seems like a great way to do business.