Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2017

Default Re: AirVenture 2017

Happy to do it guys. Hope to connect with the guys down on the ulralite area. Keep missing Larry (Mangy Fox) at the booth.
    Had great visits with several TeamKitfox members so far and dozens of interested folks from all over the world. Fun couple days.
    Got to visit with a few of our forum sponsors today and personally thank them on behalf of you members and myself for supporting our website and the Kitfox community. Ill catch them all in the next two days. Some were so busy at their booths I couldn't get up to even say hi. Love that.

Planning on making Larry's get together Friday evening. Looking forward to that.

Off to bed. Up early to get the Speedster down to show center so Kyle Franklin can fly it during Wednesdays airshow. Hoping for better weather than the forecaster is predicting. Fingers crossed. BTW, Kyle just won a very prestigeous aviation award tonight in The Theater in the Woods. See photo in previous post. Congrats Kyle. Justly deserved. Great airshow pilot. Night all. Wish you were here.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

[QUOTE=DesertFox4;65812]Happy to do it guys. Hope to connect with the guys down on the ulralite area. Keep missing Larry (Mangy Fox) at the booth.
    Had great visits with several TeamKitfox members so far and dozens of interested folks from all over the world. Fun couple days.
    Got to visit with a few of our forum sponsors today and personally thank them on behalf of you members and myself for supporting our website and the Kitfox community. Ill catch them all in the next two days. Some were so busy at their booths I couldn't get up to even say hi. Love that.

Planning on making Larry's get together Friday evening. Looking forward to that.

Up early to get the Speedster down to show center so Kyle Franklin can fly it during Wednesdays airshow. Hoping for better weather than the forecaster is predicting. Fingers crossed. BTW, Kyle just won a very prestigeous aviation award tonight in The Theater in the Woods. See photo in previous post. Congrats Kyle. Justly deserved. Great airshow pilot.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

It is so great to see all the Kitfoxes and the people at the show. I am truly jealous . Hope Kyle's show is a ball and someone shoots some video for the archives, its quite a legacy and baton pass.
    Thank you again for all the great pics.

I just got in to Waupun, wi. see you all in the morning.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

A few photos of the Wed. airshow with Kyle Franklin flying the new Speedster.
    The rain let up just in time to get the routine in.
    After, he stopped by the booth for photos.
    A fun and histric recreation of his dad's flight 25 years ago.
    He loves this aircraft.
    A little soggy at times today but the evening arrived with nice temps and clearing skies. Off to watch the nightime airshow.
    IMG_4865.jpg
    VIP tent for airshow performers and family and friends.

IMG_4883.jpg
    Kyle Franklin and new best friend.

IMG_4905.jpg
    From left to right,
    Front row: John McBean, Brandon Petersen, Heather Peterson.
    Back row: Steve Kellander (Desertfox4), Debra McBean, Kyle Franklin, (Kyle's crew)-Larry, Larry's grandson Nick and Brad.

IMG_4877.jpg
    John, Debra & Kyle immediately after Kyle's routine in Wednesdays airshow.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Would love to have been there so have been catching what I can on the webcams.The kitfox speedster aerobatics were great considering the weather appeared a bit unfavourable.
    It looks like New Zealand even got a flag up on the entranceway unless those darned Aussies beat us to it again (they have 5 stars we only get four,I can't zoom in to confirm)
    For those who are there it looks like a great show.We need pictures and video

Would like to know who all is in the group photo. Cant read the names on the shirts. Of course i recognize 3 of them.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    Would love to have been there so have been catching what I can on the webcams.The kitfox speedster aerobatics were great considering the weather appeared a bit unfavourable.
    It looks like New Zealand even got a flag up on the entranceway unless those darned Aussies beat us to it again (they have 5 stars we only get four,I can't zoom in to confirm)
    For those who are there it looks like a great show.We need pictures and video
    You guys just need to go to the fern!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Yea the fern would be cool but we have just been through a vote on a flag change and the status quo remains.

Looks like they have a nice elevator gap seal on the speedster.
    I wonder if this will be available from Kitfox.