Quote Originally Posted by av8rps View Post
While I have always liked Maules, I don't think they are really comparable to a Kitfox. Here's my short list why I think a Kitfox would be a superior recreational airplane for two people; (ok, maybe not a short list...)
Thanks so much. Great detail, it's like you know what I'm thinking. You explained things very well.

I'm pretty sure that a used Kitfox is going to do the trick. I've got a good field, don't have anyplace far off to travel to, not a lot of money, no desire to visit B,C, or D airspace. Steam gauges are fine. Basic med, or no med (LSA) is fine. I have a first class now with a special waiver that I believe the Feds will want me to maintain even with a third class. Basic med looks real easy and have already checked with my family physician.

I've got no desire to build at this time, but might change my mind in a year or two when things slow down. A used Kitfox fits me just fine, but there is a lot to know about homebuilts that I'm not up to speed on. I like the specs on the 912 engine and don't think much of some of other exotic motors I see in Trade a plane and Barnstormer.

I think I'm going to take the course up in Idaho soon. Has anybody done this? I haven't flown a tail dragged since 1984 and that one grossed at 48K, I flew with an instructor in a 172 last year, and other than that, commercial jets for the last 30 years.

Kitfox looks real good for keeping my hand in flying without breaking the bank.

Again, thanks for the great detail in your post.