Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to Expand my landing capability

Default Re: Want to Expand my landing capability

thanks everyone for these responses. Will take a look and work out where to go next and keep you guys in the loop

Hey guys do you think the 27.5 Desser tire would be appropriate for a KF7... Not LSA but likely within the safety standards.

Thoughts.
    Kitfox 7-Flying
    ABW 26", T3, ABW 3200 Tailwheel
    Rotax 912ULS, Warp Drive Taper

I would think the 27 in Desser bush tire would be perfect for a Model 7. I have a set of Goodyear 26 inch blimp tires (yeah, they were made for Goodyears Blimp...) and I set them against my Model 4 project and they looked phenomenal! Not too big, and not too small. So knowing a 7 is just slightly larger than my 4, I think the 27 would be perfect. But I'd recommend a larger tailwheel if going to the bigger main gear tires. That would not only help with your off airport adventures, but also would keep your sight line more reasonable over the nose.

I personally like the no chain style tailwheels as if set properly you will not have any shimmy issues that is pretty common with a chained tailwheel. It will take a short time to adjust to steering, but once you do I doubt you will want a regular tailwheel again.

The Pekola locking tailwheel is a work of art. It not only works good, but it also looks kick ass.

My other favorite is the Outback 11" tailwheel, but I'm not sure if they are still available?