Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Want to Expand my landing capability

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Want to Expand my landing capability

Greetings from Australia

I have a few questions about an upgrade for my kit fox model 4 that is located in Mt Beauty Victoria Australia.

I would like to put larger tires on the aircraft to keep up with my mate Ross, as well as a pneumatic tire for the tail wheel to do some off field landings. I don’t want to change the useful load of the aircraft a great deal in the process.

Before we start, I confess that I did not do the build. The original builder did an upgrade with the Grove Aluminium Spring Gear. He indicated that the wheels and axle are from the original kit provided. I assume they are the standard axles (0.75 inches that support the 8 inch ATV Rims).

Questions:

I understand if If I purchase the Grove Wheel and Brake kit, I will need to purchase the 1, 1/4 inch axles as well. Does anyone know if the price of $999 cover both wheels or just one side?

What type of tires would you suggest for the wheel if I upgrade? Ideally I would like the largest without breaking the budget or increasing weight too much. What would you think about the 21/800-6 Aero Classic as an option. Would it fit the rim?

For the Matco tailwheel, can I purchase the 6 inch rim and tire (pneumatic) inch and instal directly onto the same fork, or will i need to purchase a new fork assembly for the tail wheel?

If anyone has some better suggestions please let me know

BTW I love this thing.

Thanks in anticipation
    Attached Images Attached Images