Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model 4 Speedster control routing information

Question Model 4 Speedster control routing information

Does anyone have or know where I may find better details on the control routing for the model 4? I am working on a donated kitfox for my EAA. We got the kitfox that had been in process for about 20 years. The parts and information has been a jigsaw puzzle to say the least. If anyone has any information regarding the control routing or any fuselage stuff I would greatly appreciate any help. All I have to go by is a fuselage preparation book that is not very long or detailed. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Model 4 Speedster control routing information

John, Kitfox Aircraft should have model 4 build manuals available.
    Give them a call or email them for availability. Their contact info is available by clicking on the top ad on the left side of every page you visit. Scroll down on their home page and look for the contact button.
    Good luck with your project.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I am in the car driving north from the LA area so have no detailed info. If you could send me PM with email info, and some detail on where you are in the build, I can check the manual and PDF the appropriate pages from the manual.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Thank you both for the info. I contacted Kitfox and can get the manuals for $90, but I will have to wait for our next EAA meeting to get everyone to approve it. We are still going to work on it some in between.
    High Wing we started with a bare fuselage with a couple bags of parts for it. I started on the control column build and have the brackets for the rudder that the previous builder had mostly done. I have to finish them up and need to know some good routing information. Maybe an exploded view of the controls and rudders if u have any. Anything will help at this point. Tomorrow night I am going to bring template material to make a template for the floorboards, and see if I can get associated hardware together for the various components.

Here's a few photos. These are for a "General" overview. You need the manual to be sure you have the proper rod ends in their respective locations and to adjust all the components correctly.

A washer or two and the stainless retaining straps on the flap bell crank are to be fabricated by the builder too.

Another Example: The level is attached to the bottom of the cabin floor to level the fuselage when setting the flap bell crank angle to 11.4 degrees.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by t j; 06-28-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Thanks TJ!! I needed those pictures very much. That helps to clear up some things there.