Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Anyone in the neighborhood?

Default Anyone in the neighborhood?

I live up near Calgary, Alberta (Canada). Got my CPL and experience on a few different types (floats, tail wheel, complex). Even did my CPL flight test on the Citabria. Tail wheel is the best kind of (land) flying.

Been looking at kits for awhile now. Keep coming back to the S7. Looks like it's a good fit for my typical mission. Should have enough $ to spare in the next year or two to start building. Of course, as per prevailing wisdom, got to "Try before you buy."

So I'm wondering if there's anyone either in the area (Western Canada) or who's planning to come through the area who'd be willing to take me up for a ride in their S7?

I've looked through the member map and user's locations they've put on their member page, but things change - and those don't show if someone might be flying by!

I've heard of Stick and Rudder Aviation down in Idaho, and they're about 15 hrs away. But obviously it'd be nice if someone was nearby'ish. May end up making a trip down there to give one a try.

Default Re: Anyone in the neighborhood?

Andy, hope someone can get you up in one soon however if it does not materialize, it is well worth the trip to Idaho to get a flight in one. Flew a friend's model 7 this morning and it takes very few minutes in one to confirm there is no other aircraft I've ever flown that would bring that much enjoyment. You fly one , especially in Idaho, you might as well fly right to the factory, 10 minutes by Kitfox, and place your order..

Glad you found TeamKitfox. Welcome aboard.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I have an O-235 Model 5 based here in Calgary, which is very similar to the 7. Send me a private message if you are interested.
    Jim Corner
    KF2 582 1150 hrs
    KF5 O-360 1150 hrs

Andy, I went to "fly before you buy". I showed up in Boise for a ride with Stick and Rudder but was rained out on Monday. Sooo, I drove to the factory. Got my meet and greet with John and Debra, the tour and without flying I bought! Not something I would normally do. The following morning I flew the SS7. The same airframe that KF has done so much testing of engines with. Unfortunately it didn't have the Radial on it but it did have the 912is. As soon as the controls were turned over to me and I started to perform maneuvers as directed, I was feeling like a child who just got their first puppy or something. Man, I had a grin from ear to ear and I told Steve (CFI) I had just made the best choice of aircraft and was so happy this thing was in my near future. Hope you get your ride soon, you will likely experience something like I did.
    Eddie

Another option, if you aren't in too much of a hurry. The Kitfox Factory Fly-in is the weekend of September 1st, 2017. Not only a factory tour, but it will be at Greenleaf Air Ranch, home of Stick n Rudder. It will be an opportunity to meet many of the TeamKitfox family and see many Kitfox's.

Ralph

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll be getting in touch with you Jim. I'm pretty busy right now running a summer camp, but when I find time I'll give you a shout.

Heading down to Idaho wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either. I hear the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route is a pretty great motorbike ride! Would be a welcomed vacation in the fall