I thought a fuselage mount would be great for the magnetometer but the Garmin G3X system came with their GMU 11, solid state magnetometer that is very sensitive to magnetic fields. The manual specifies a minimum of 10' from electric motors and relays, including servo motors. Using Kitfox factory mounts for the autopilot servos put my AP pitch servo near the elevator bell crank towards the rear of the fuselage. So a wing mounted magnetometer is in my future.

Can you tell me more about how you wired the lights? AeroLED says the braided shield can be used as the "Black" negative/ground wire without any radio noise. Seems odd to have varying current running in the shield as the landing lights are wig / wagged but I know just enough to be dangerous.

Again, showing ignorance of wiring, what is a "bare shield"? And what type of wire did you find that offered 6-conductor 20 AWG? I'm only finding 3-conductor in official TEFZEL aircraft wire. Whether or not that grade of wire is really necessary is probably worth a separate thread that would go on and on.