Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bush gear

Default bush gear

hi everyone, I have a kf mk3 and was looking to fit bush gear like the Highwing llc setup but on checking the kf parts page I see it is only listed there as being for mk4 and onwards, can it be fitted to mk3,glad of any info,also does anyone have a phone number or email address for Lowell Fitt as can't find one anywhere.

cheers mike
    Last edited by flymadmike; 06-11-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Default Re: bush gear

Mike,
    I put model 4 bungee gear on a model 2 with no alterations at all. The difference was approximately 4" taller. I've also had Grove gear on the model 2 same results, mounting blocks fit fine.
    Tom

thanks tommy but really want to find out about the bush gear using same wheels axles and brakes, cheers mike

Mike

I can't see any reason why not, although the LAA will need to be contacted about the MOD process, as I don't believe there are any in the UK with that gear on. Even if there is, a repeat MOD will need to be applied for. Not onerous, but worth mentioning.

Have you contacted the McBeans to ask them about it? John will give you an answer there and then over the phone.

The Mk 3 has the same number of lugs for gear mounting as the 4, so I can't see it would be an issue.

Out of interest, have you considered the Grove gear too?

I'm interested that Tom has managed to instal Grove gear onto a Mk2, as they don't have the mounting lug that's needed.
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK

I have swapped a Highwing bush gear off my 3 onto my 4,it is a straight swap over,Lowell is building me a replacement,he is a craftsman builder
    I also used my original 8" wheels/brakes as a direct swap over.

thanks for the info , by the way monocock where in the uk are you ? cheers mike

Berkshire.

Where are you?
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK

hi I'm at welshpool at present think the LAA might be the stubbling block on this, oh to be in the states

Hold onto that wish. Privatization of the air traffic control may be looming. Not to mention all the other fun media adventures we are all enduring around here.
    You may have it good over there.
    Eddie

Mike

I can wholly recommend the Grove set up. I've had it on three KF's, and it's superb. It's a simple installation and just a case of applying for a repeat MOD from the LAA. If you wanted, I'd happily fly up and give you a hand to instal it too. :-). You're only about an hour away from me by air.
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK