Bumping an old thread to give my experience rolling Herculiner onto my expensive 26" Airstreak 2.0 tires. To make application easy, I put the front end up on blocks so each wheel could spin freely. I washed the tires with dawn and a scrubbrush, then rinsed with clean water and let dry. I skipped the cleaning with xylene. To put the stuff on, I used a 2" roller and just spun the tire while holding the roller in one place. Pretty easy to put on. I put on one coat, then had to let it dry for 3 days to lose its tack because temp was in the 50s, normally it would be dry in a few hours. The second coat also took 3 days to dry. One quart covered both airstreaks with two coats.

That was 3 months and 34 hours of pavement flying ago and the tires have been awesome. Nothing ever came off and it wore evenly. I typically land about 3x/hr so about 100 landings on pavement in that time. The liner has now worn off and its time for another herculiner coat. This time I will do three coats to make it last longer. Re-treading with a $29 can of Herculiner every 30-50 hours might seem like a pain but its not nearly as painful as another $2400 set of tires
Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 4.48.22 PM.png