Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Herculiner on tyres

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Herculiner on tyres

I ran into a guy on the gravel bar yesterday who was on his 3rd application of this stuff Ross. He said that it was working out great. I have 655 hours on my Airstreaks and They are still holding up. I stay off the asphalt as much as possible. I am considering doing the same application. Thanks for the detailed instructions.

Scott

Default Re: Herculiner on tyres

Yes Guys, its to prolong the life of these great but rather expensive tyres. A bit like retreading I guess. There are many posts on the Cub blogs sites about it. My research suggests that Herculiner is the one to go with. There are other bedliner products and reports suggest they are nowhere near as effective on the tyres as is Herculiner.

That's impressive Scott - 650 and still ok. I too try not to use the asphalt - only occasionally due to the grass being too wet. Mine have 300hrs on them now and they are doing well. I think I can detect a little bit of wear and that it is on e the sides - I have ordered some shims as I thin I have a little bit of +ve camber.

Off to the shed to see if coat one has cured overnight!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)