Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Model 7 Speedster

Default Re: New Model 7 Speedster

How about an inverted fuel and oil system? Something like this maybe???:

http://ulpower.com/en/engines/ul260/ul260isa

hmmmm...

This weekend has been just too much. First the Mini Coupe and now this! AAHHH too much!
    Beautiful John and Debra. Wish I could make it to Airventure this year.
    Eddie

Can't wait to see it. I just completed a cross Canada trip in my Kitfox IV Speedster and am now heading west thru the US to get to Oshkosh. That paint job looks awesome. I imagine that one is spoken for already? See you all at Oshkosh
    My spot if you want to follow along:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ukbgAhyct85nEj
    Attached Images Attached Images

Been watching you on Spot. Bucket list reduction flight to Oshkosk by way of East coast. Have fun. Be safe and see you at AirVenture.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Alright, how about the new Speedster with the Rotec radial?
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

Tracking you is pretty cool

Hey John, that new Speedster looks awesome! Congrats to you and your team.

Oh, and now that you decided to call it a Speedster, that means maybe you could make a slightly more retro version of the same airframe with the larger bungee gear and a round cowl and/or a Rotec Radial and call that one the Kitfox Coupe (just add on a few options, hint, hint...). Ok, I'm the eternal dreamer, can't shut that off sometimes...

And I certainly don't mean to diminish your efforts here as the new Speedster truly is a cool new Kitfox, and your efforts to remake our beloved Kitfox is truly admirable. Not to mention exciting! I also think it somewhat redefines the Kitfox, putting it into a new category of sorts as a cruiser that can still do STOL. Not many planes like that out there unless they're pushing 250 to 300+ horsepower. I really hope to be able to get up to the field during convention to see it.

Any chance you are handing out napkins with the new Speedster and the new logo on it for those of us that might not be able to contain ourselves?

The Retro version was available years ago. All one has to do is order the ROTEC motor and the Firewall Forward kit, and use the taller gear. Was it 2014 that they had that airframe at Oshkosh? Wonder what the weight would end up with the speedster setup and a ROTEC? I believe that was the reason I didn't go with the ROTEC.

Quote Originally Posted by av8rps View Post
    Hey John, that new Speedster looks awesome! Congrats to you and your team.

Oh, and now that you decided to call it a Speedster, that means maybe you could make a slightly more retro version of the same airframe with the larger bungee gear and a round cowl and/or a Rotec Radial and call that one the Kitfox Coupe (just add on a few options, hint, hint...). Ok, I'm the eternal dreamer, can't shut that off sometimes...

Any chance you are handing out napkins with the new Speedster and the new logo on it for those of us that might not be able to contain ourselves?
    Thanks everyone.. The Speedster is an absolute joy to fly.. but of course it is.. after all it is a Kitfox The Bump cowling is still available.. and the larger bungee style gear we have.. So there you go.... For those that may not have noticed.. the aluminum spring gear is actually streamlined.

Napkins will be available
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Hi Folks,

See below Mic's plane and response. I saw his post last evening and checked the spot location, he was just 30 miles from me. I called him and he joined me for our local EAA meeting tonight. Mic is a delight to talk to and his adventure across two countries is very interesting. I hope you get a chance to meet him next week.
    His plane is very nice, I need to retire to have the time to travel!!