Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transporting covered wings off the airplane ??

Default Re: Transporting covered wings off the airplane ??

I guess my previous post answering this got lost in the updates. 2" PVC is 2" ID, about 2 1/2" OD. Kitfox spars are 2 1/2' OD, with .065" wall thickness, so Spar ID is about 2 3/8" Then you have the doublers where the wing pins go though the butt end of the wing spars so that reduces it further. Spar spacing is 27 1/2" center to center. JImChuk

You can also build a "box" to place the wings in...I can supply you with far better photos (they are home on my computer) but you can see in this photo behind me was my wing box....supports were cut to the form of the rib and leading edge, with new dense carpet padding.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

I built these for a friend hauling a Pietenpol in a U-haul truck. 2 X 6s to set the leading edge on, 2 X 4s for the frame and 2 X 2s to attach it all to the inside of the truck. Slanted to make room for the pieto tube. Old Forest Service firefighter sleeping pads to cushion the wings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder