Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Import of kit to Canada

Default Import of kit to Canada

Has anyone here imported a half built kit from the US to Canada? No N # has been assigned. Regards Joe

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: Import of kit to Canada

You need to check with the mdra delegate with the kits details , for eligibility to import.

If it has covering on it , it most likely will need to be removed to get the structure inspected.
    Last edited by kmach; 05-13-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Thanks for the reply. The one I m looking at is a new kit dated from the early 1990s no coverings have been installed. I have read about the need for inspection of all the structure. Wonder what experiences others have had in the process of importing. It sucks to pull up to the crossing and the persons says do you have form # abdc 729 and $$$. As far as Canadian registration that looks to be fairly uncomplicated. Regards Joe

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Just call the mdra and ask what you need to do, follow their instructions and you will be all good.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

No worry at the border. The biggest concern is the the MDRA will give you an airworthiness certificate by the end of the build. I imagine all you will have to do is file the intent to build letter which you can find on their website. You just have to say that you are planning to build a plane and give them the serial number if you have one. It costs $70 I think. Everything should be on their website. I foresee you having no issues.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3