Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: An Australian Outback adventure

Default Re: An Australian Outback adventure

Excellent Ben! I would really like one!

We will be talking before then.

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Ben, if you're going to design one, fair it into the fuselage as much as possible to cut down on interference drag. A simple CFRC cuff will make an enormous difference.
    David
    SS7 Builder

David - I do agree with your thoughts, only issue with fairing the pod to the fuse is the fabric contact area chafing and I want the pod easily removable for local flying. My plan is to experiment with a few mock-up designs and test fly them before I commit to making molds.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Great trip Ross and Gayle, enjoyed the photo over a couple of red's (bottles) the other night!!, next trip Im there.

Doc

Ben, teflon strip or similar on the fairing faying surface ? Only reason I mention a fairing is that the interference drag can be quite large, the bigger the gap. If you can't fair the pod, try and minimise the gap as much as possible.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Its great to have an aeronautical engineer and LAME discussing the design for a POD - I reckon the result will be ...... good .... very good!

Nice to see you appear here Doc68! For those of you who have not heard of this guy it is Craig who gave me the privilege of flying his Kitfox 4 home across Australia last November

see; http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...aig%27s+kitfox

Craig has the hanger next to mine in Mt Beauty and we had a great flight together the other day - don't remember anything about the bottles of red though Craig! Looking forward to more posts about your lovely red Kitfox!

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)