Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: firewall forward

Default Re: firewall forward

Exactly. I have been researching those as well. It seems like it would be close to 60k for everything if I can find and build it on a reasonable budget.

The firewall forward kit is separate because it will vary on which engine you decide to install. I think Kitfox offers more engine options than any other kit plane.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

For pricing and what is included, check the Kitfox Aircraft Parts Catalog. The Firewall forward kit does not, as previously stated, include the engine. The cost and contents of the Firewall Forward depends on which engine selection you make. You will find this practice common among all kit manufacturers.

Ralph

Awesome, thanks for the help everyone.

I think when I get close, I will get the 912 100hp motor, unsure about the fuel injected version. Carbs seem more reliable and easier to maintain????

hmmm, seems I used the exact opposite rational for why I purchased the fuel injected 912. Possibly misguided Ill admit but I just haven't heard too much from any folks who are flying the 912iS while carb balancing has been a large subject here.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I guess I was figuring carbs similar to what I have experience with on car, and other small powered vehicles.

But, I think you are right, FI is probably the way to go.

The difference lies in the fact there are two carbs on the 912uls and they need to be maintained individually and tweaked to work in harmony with one another. Don't let my words dissuade you. I know many folks here have said that balancing, when done by the book, is not difficult and their motors run sweet.
    P.S. pretty significant cost increase for the 912iS too.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

So I just did a little research. This kit: http://webshop.edgeperformance.no/in...roller=product

would be cheaper then buying the 912iS from kit fox. The difference between the 912ULS and 912iS listed on KF site is 3,583 while the conversion kit (if my currency exchange was done correctly) would cost only ~1700

If this all holds up, not a bad savings do put the kit on ones self.

There are several people using the Edge FI kits with good results. I bought my engine (non-FI I'm afraid) from Thomas at Edge, and while I haven't run it yet, my experience with Edge has been top-notch.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

I think one of the only snags with the Edge conversions is that they void the Rotax warranty.

Eurofox has a 120hp Rotax flying and it is doing a great job as a glider tug. I did look at the numbers and the performance results they were getting but decided to chicken out and go with the stock 912iS for mine.

No choke, no carbs, no carb icing made the choice an easy one for me. I like wires more than I like tinkering with carbs