Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: High Desert Fun Video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: High Desert Fun Video

Wow, Trent!
    Thanks!
    I enjoyed that very much. Chilly Fun!
    Reid

Another Great One. Thanks Trent
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Fantastic! Thanks Trent.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Great Video. Can't do anything like that in KY, unless you land on a strip mine!

Dick B

Great video! GREAT AIRPLANE! I'm glad you're promoting it (and maybe yourself a little :-) in these sensational films. Eat your hearts out Cubs and Highlanders.
    Thanks, Trent.

Flood have you ever flow a Highlander or a Cub? I've flown both. The 2 old Cubs I flew were both ready for the scrap yard or a complete rebuild, I wouldn't spend the money on a Cub, I was not impressed in the least. I don't care for tandem seating, they are slow, and I flew with an instructor. I refused to continue flying the first so we got in the newer plane. Never again!

I've also flown both a Highlander, and a SuperSTOL, I personally prefered the SuperSTOL.

In my opinion, the Highlander & Kitfox performed almost identically. The fit and finish on the Highlander I flew was no where near as nice as my Kitfox SLSA or as nice as most of the experimentals Kitfoxes I have seen and rode in.

The SuperSTOL I flew definitely could take off & land a lot shorter than both my Kitfox SLSA and the Highlander I flew. The SuperSTOL build quality was comparable to my Kitfox SLSA. It took off & climbed unbelievable, landing was a little intimidating. The SuperSTOL cruise was a little slower than my Kitfox SLSA. My Kitfox Cruise at 5200 RPM is about 100 to 105 MPH. The SuperSTOL was right at 95 MPH, not a Hugh difference.

All in all the fit & finish on most Kitfoxes is much better, if I compared a Kitfox SLSA to a Highlander tge Kitfox is a little nicer, but flys about the same. If I compare the Kitfox to the SuperSTOL I prefer the SuperSTOL, but damned they are very very expensive Kits, their kit cost almost as much as 2 Kitfox Kits. So for the money your getting more cruise with the Kitfox, and save about $32,000 on the kit cost.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Hey Trent. If they gave Oscars for the best Kitfox videos, you'd be a winner. I've been following your videos for a while now. I think this may be your best yet. Being the owner/builder of a fat tired model 4, your videos really gets my blood flowing. Keep 'em coming. James Thomas