Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome California Power Systems (CPS) as a sponsor to TeamKitfox.com

Default Welcome California Power Systems (CPS) as a sponsor to TeamKitfox.com

Welcome CPS to the TeamKitfox community.

cps-logo-signature.jpg

Look for their new ad soon in the adbar on the left side of each page all our registered members and guests visit while browsing this site. CPS has been supplying Rotax parts and service for many years and I know lots of our members are already regular customers. Many of you have attended their comprehensive Rotax engine courses in the past.

Watch for their announcement on our site about Rotax engine maintenance courses available very soon and that are filling quickly.

ROTAX_logo_red.jpg

To explore CPS website, click the link below.

https://www.cps-parts.com/

1-800-247-9653

Welcome aboard CPS and thanks for your support.

From their website:

California Power Systems was founded in 1981 by Mike Stratman and has been the western U.S. regional Rotax Service Center for many years, offering Rotax engines, parts, and other Ultralight and LightSport products to aviators around the world. We acquired CPS in November 2011 and moved the company from San Leandro, CA to Corona, CA where CPS operates in a 62,000 sq. ft. facility. CPS also maintains a maintenance shop and a Rotax engine training facility nearby at Chino (CNO) Airport. Our family has been in the aircraft parts business for nearly 60 years, and we are pleased to offer this new website. We look forward to serving you soon!

Jim & Nanci Irwin
    California Power Systems

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Welcome California Power Systems (CPS) as a sponsor to TeamKitfox.com

I have nothing but good words for California Power Systems. Bryan Toepfer who is a Light Sport Repairman, and an excellent mechanic, he has been a tremendous help to me getting my Rotax back in the air.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Default Re: Welcome California Power Systems (CPS) as a sponsor to TeamKitfox.com

Thanks Paul. I've had good luck also with service from CPS. Would like to attend the Rotax courses someday also. I hear all good reports that they give you good info. for care and feeding of Rotax products.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I took all three of the Rotax Classes from them. I really enjoyed it. The only reason I didn't repair the Sprag Clutch myself was I didn't want to buy the tools. I doubt in my lifetime I will ever need to do enough Sprag clutches to cover the tool cost. I also had him check the gear box, & rebuild the carbs.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul, in your opinion, would taking the least involved of the three classes help me at all when installing the motor? Im so close to the class that Im wondering if I could benefit from the weekend class. My motor is in the crate still.

I am glad to read that the Irwins actually own CPS. I was not aware of that. I just thought that CPS leased an office at the Aircraft Spruce Corona facility. I have had personal dealings with Mr. Irwin as he is a very proactive business owner who sought me out via email to handle a business concern. Aircraft Spruce under Mr. Irwins careful watch will be around for much longer than the 60 years it has already existed. I am very impressed with the depth of his involvement in the organization and very pleased that my purchase of the Rotax 912iS, as it turns out, was from his company. The purchase of my motor was very easily accomplished with Brian Toepfer and I look forward to working with him but hope I won't need him to repair things.
    Welcome to Teamkitfox CPS.
    Eddie

Eddie, the basic class will help you certainly after you mount and fire up your engine for the first time. I've talked with many Rotax owners that have attended that class and every one has indicated that it was worth the cost and effort to attend. You will learn much about your engine that will give you confidence now and more importantly when you fly behind it. The skills you will have to properly maintain your engine will help extend it's life and are valuable to have from your very first hour of operation.

We had several Rotax owners from Phoenix that booked commercial flights, paid for hotels and food along with the cost of the class and were all pleased with the value of the classes against the costs incurred.

If you live close by then it is a real bargain.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Welcome California Power Supply (CPS) as a sponsor to TeamKitfox.com

I purchased Kitfox SLSA I've taken all three of the maintenance classes. I mainly took them because I couldn't find a mechanic in the area after I bought the plane that knew or was willing to work on the Rotax engines. Steve Queoness (I have no clue how to spell his last name) the AP/AI I had started working with, recommended I take the classes. He and I worked on the plane together from then on. I finally decided to get certified as a LSR-A, so now I can do all of my own maintenance, and repairs but I still hire Steve to do my Annuals, so I have a second set of eyes looking the plane over.

I would highly recommend taking the Line Maintenance Class, it teaches the basics and how to read their manuals, and the secret decoder ring on finding torque values in the manuals & parts catalog.

I would also recommend joining RotaxOwners.com, it's like $39 per year, and they have some great trading videos you can watch, and send you notice of all service Bulletins.

One of the most important things you need to learn for installing the engine is balancing the carburetors if you have a carbureted engine. The other thing is the care a maintenance aspect, and wiring, but that should be pretty straight forward.

Personally, after taking the LIght Sport Repairman Class at Rainbow Aviation, I would recommend taking the class to anyone contemplating building a Experimental Airplane. I took their 15 day straight class, it was a really fun vacation.
    Last edited by Paul Z; 02-10-2017 at 09:44 AM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Well thats a vacation that will pay you back!

Heck I'm retired, everything I do is a vacation, some better than others, but the LSR-A was definitely a great class to attend.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

WELCOME CPS! I look forward to doing business with you someday! Thank you for supporting us!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL