Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple Videos

Default Re: Couple Videos

Nice videos Trent. Someone almost nailed it on the 2nd vid @2:37...
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)

Hey Trent, great movies. I plan to show them at our next EAA meeting. Wondered if you can tell me the title/artist of the background music on the second video. I've been building movies with easy listening background scores, and Shazam can't identify the one you used. Here's a "trade" for music on another of your movies...try 'Enjoy the Ride' by Morcheeba. I used that in one an assembly of stills of my wife's Kitfox flight over McCall, ID.
    BobRS
    SS7, 914 Turbo
    N104Y Almost done!

Really nice and skillfully done. I can edit scenes to an extent and envy your more artistic skills. Regarding the music. A few years ago I uploaded some video to YouTube. One of them used music from Blue Man Group. I did obtain permission and a document allowing the music's use, but YouTube wouldn't recognize the permission. On another video I used some music I assembled using Garage Band on my Mac computer and maybe it was something like Shazam that recognized some of it and claimed it was pirated. I sort of gave up on the music thing, though it does add another dimension.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BobRS View Post
    Hey Trent, great movies. I plan to show them at our next EAA meeting. Wondered if you can tell me the title/artist of the background music on the second video. I've been building movies with easy listening background scores, and Shazam can't identify the one you used. Here's a "trade" for music on another of your movies...try 'Enjoy the Ride' by Morcheeba. I used that in one an assembly of stills of my wife's Kitfox flight over McCall, ID.
    BobRS
    SS7, 914 Turbo
    N104Y Almost done!
    Hey Bob, thanks! I actually used a song off of audiojungle.net, as Highwing mentioned YouTube has gotten tough on their music rights so I figured it was easier to just pay $15 to use a song that I wouldn't have any issues with. The song is called "Brand New Day" by Music2Sync.

Great video Trent. So much fun. Here's one from a few years back. Not the greatest of quality but fun memories.

https://youtu.be/IKUc9-nsmmA

Hey Wannafly,

That's a pretty tricky way to do your video "fade-outs"!

Joking aside, nice video!

Trent ... I love your vids also!!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Great job on the videos Trent! You have achieved true "art!" Thank you for creating and sharing them.
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Trent or others,

Question... With the skimming on top of water with the big tires. Lets say you were on a gravel bar with only 75 feet of space. Could you get going on the gravel, transition to water, and then lift off from the water?
    Last edited by Geowitz; 03-02-2017 at 09:02 AM.

My guesstimate would be that no you could not do it. I think to safely skim the water you need to be at flying speed or very close to it, and I don't think many Kitfoxes are close to lifting off in 75'. If you hit the water still stalled, the tires will sink in enough to cause too much drag and prevent further acceleration. Just my noodling. I'll bet some Super Cubs could do it.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Quote Originally Posted by Geowitz View Post
    Trent or others,

Question... With the skimming on top of water with the big tires. Lets say you were on a gravel bar with only 75 feet of space. Could you get going on the gravel, transition to water, and then lift off from the water?
    You can definitely skim below flying speeds, it's amazing how hard the water is at any decent speed. I have gotten down in the low 40s while skimming and the water still felt firmer than landing on grass. That being said with a 75ft bar I wouldn't go in planning on using the water for takeoff. If you aren't fast enough when you get to the water you are going to have a very bad day... I am very cautious with skimming in general because I have seen what happens when you get too slow, it's not fun. Doing it in conjunction with landing or taking off makes it even more dangerous. Also, keep in mind that to skim you want a higher ground speed, so if you were to take off of the bar and go down river and the river was flowing at say 4mph then you will effectively lose 4mph of skimming speed, add a little headwind and you are going even slower.