Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flapperon Control Rod

Default Flapperon Control Rod

Just checking to see if anyone had a template for where to cut the cordura for the flapperon control tube exits for the right and left sides. I don't want to hack up the cordura if there's a known position. Thanks. Andy

Default Re: Flapperon Control Rod

Mine is a Model IV so different...yours is a V, right?

I just measured the distance from the fabric on the side of the fuselage and to the fuselage tube at the back of the baggage with full right and full left stick. Then removed the tubes and installed the codura. Marked the measured locations with a sharpie. Poked 4 holes in the codura with a needle soldering iron and cut between the two holes on each side. Then used the soldering iron to seal the fabric cut edges.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Default Re: Flapperon Control Rod

Yes, it's a 5. Forgot to mention that. Kind of important. I don't have the wings installed and/or the flapperon nylon bearings. Was hoping to get some of this done prior to that, as I want to install the mic/headphone/aux power in the area forward of the flapperon tube exit points. Don't want any potential issues later. I'd like to finish up the wiring and move on....

Measurements from the top seat tube back to the most forward point that the flapperon tube would be, would help greatly. Thanks.