Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Builders

Default Colorado Builders

Hello I'm new to this forum, looking for builders in Colorado that might have a completed Kitfox or in process of building a Kitfox that would be interested in showing me their project or airplane. I completed a RV8 back in 2001 that I still have and fly but am looking for something with a much slower landing speed so I could land and take off from my house that would be 700' spot in a pasture. I've never saw or sat in a Kitfox but its on my list to evaluate as well as Rans and Zentih 750. Looking for one I can see and touch before I fly out to the factory, if you are interested please send me a message.

Thanks
    Kevin Ebsen

Default Re: Colorado Builders

Welcome aboard Kevin. Give us a couple days for all the Colorado builders and owners to see your post. I think you'll be more than surprised by the quality of a Kitfox. Several of our members also own RVs and they enjoy owning both aircraft. I'm sure someone will be happy to show you their project or finished Kitfox. Good luck on your qwest for STOL.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Hello Kevin, I am in Colorado Springs building a Super Sport with the 912Is engine. I have most major components completed with the exception of panel/avionics which I am now working on. I would be happy to provide you a tour and answer any questions you have. I know of 3 other builders in the Colorado Springs/Monument/Denver area that may chime in as well.

Eric

my build site is: ericwj.wix.com/Colorado-kitfox

Hi Kevin,

I'm currently in the process of building a Super Sport here in Monument. I'd say I'm maybe a third done and just starting to cover the wings. You're welcome to stop by anytime to see my project. You can also see my progress if you're on Facebook, the group page is N927AK.

Jeremy

Eric & Jeremy,

Thanks for the offer I'm hoping to set in one so might go with Eric since he seems to be further along.

Eric your looks like you've done excellent work thus far and spent a ton of time and effort on your project. How long until your ready to fly?

Thanks,
    Kevin Ebsen

Hi Kevin,

Let me know when you have some time to head over to Colorado Springs for a tour. I would suggest taking a look at Jeremy's project as well since that way you can see two projects in different stages of construction. Jeremy only lives 15-20 minutes from my house. I hope to be in a hangar at Meadowlake airport come spring, then not too long after that be in the air.

Eric

Eric,

I'll make it down some weekend, but will probably be after the 1st of the year. I will send you a message several days in advance so we can find a time convenient for you.

Thank!
    Kevin Ebsen

Hi Kevin,

Sorry I haven't responded about this sooner. I'm in the Arvada area of Denver and building a 7 SS. It's really quite well along, & like Eric it is possible it will be flying this coming Summer. I've been a little overwhelmed with medical problems that my wife has, so the fox project has dragged on longer than I had expected. You're very welcome to stop by - there are several Kitfox in this area. You're way East of here... wish I could fly it over to you!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

John,

Is your project at an airport or working on it at home? I get to Denver more often than I do the Springs.

Thanks
    Kevin Ebsen

It's at home... garage, basement shop, and generally all over the house!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime