Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Tires for kitfox 3

Default Tires for kitfox 3

I have 20x7x8 currently installed on the plane and they need to be replaced. I have seen the same thing advertised on aircraft spruce but only have a rating of 195lbs, not sure I've ever seen a kitfox weigh less than 390lbs. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find good tire that will fit the 8" rim?

Default Re: Tires for kitfox 3

Hi, there's plenty of postings on tires if you search. Here's a pretty good thread: http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...eferrerid=1092
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Yes there are posts, but posts from 2011 dont give me up to date information. So if anyone else has any suggestions I would appreciate them.

I recently went back with the Nancos. No issues other than being out of round. They can shake the landing gear pretty good and it's almost habit for me now to hit the brakes right after take off. But for the $$$ they are the best deal I have found.

Discovered these after buying the Nancos recently, and they will be what I go back with when the Nancos wear out.

http://www.matcomfg.com/TIRE21X1286P...v-2789-38.html

Thanks Jerry, but my question on that is (and may be I'm chicken, I miss understand or you guys have really big kahunas) are you not worried on the load rating of the tire. My KF3 has a max gross of 1050 so I would need a loaded tire of 525lbs. If I was to consider the kinetic energy forces of a hard landing I may want to increase that number 25% just to be safe. Am I not thinking correctly on this for the load rating of the tire?

I wouldn't get too hung up on load rating,my kf3 used shaved atv tyres for 24 years no problem,and it has endured some "arrivals"
    The nanko's are great but a little "draggy"due to bring so wide.
    The out of roundness settles out after a while.
    The nanko's and atv tyres are real lightweight 2 ply,some of the other tyres are 4 and6 ply,the weight was a deal breaker for me.

Yes I was hung up on the weight rating too. But after a few greaser landings and hundreds of..."Wow! why do I keep getting the wind knocked out me landings?" Ha!, my faith in the nancos is solid. The Matcos have a slightly higher weight rating so even a little more insurance.