Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kitfox vs RANS, The Building Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Kitfox vs RANS, The Building Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StuBob View Post
    Pssht! It's the internet!
    I'm glad you don't mind StuBob. I kinda laugh when any of us go off in different directions... keeps it interesting at least

I do wish I could be more helpful to you regarding your original building question, but I tend to buy project airplanes and finish or redo them. I like the Rans S7 after flying one on amphibs for about 35 hours, but I still like my Kitfox more. I find the Kitfox design more refined and a bit more efficient. The best way to prove that statement is to youtube "Kitfox aerobatics" and to watch an 80 hp 130 mph Kitfox perform (with a not very efficient wood prop no less).

Not that we should think of our Kitfoxes as acro planes, but that video does a really good job proving just how capable the Kitfox is. I also think the Kitfox is a much sexier looking airplane. At typical seaplane gatherings its a rare case for someone not to approach me about buying my airplane as they are so impressed seeing it fly, can hardly believe the low cost of operation and aquisition, and just love how it looks. Unfortunately for them I have no plan to sell it anytime soon.

Default Re: Kitfox vs RANS, The Building Experience

Fact check after some communications with friends:

On our Winnemucca trip September 15, 2000
    Slippery Model IV
    Flight Time - 2.9 hours Logged
    Fuel burn - 7.7 gallons per still existing receipt rather than 7.2 from memory or maybe a poorly written note.
    gallons Per Hour 2.66 Vs. the 2.40 at the 7.2 gallons
    Fuel price for those interested $2.54 per Gallon Total invoiced $19.63
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel