Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Contacting KF HQ's

Default Contacting KF HQ's

Hey, guys. Anyone know if the McBeans are on vacation or out of town at the present time? I want to get a copy of the Kitfox Pilot's Guide book headed my way. I have called Friday and today. The phone message sounds like SOP, but no answer. I have left two messages, no response as of this time. Is this typical or, just bad timing on my part?

Default Re: Contacting KF HQ's

Probably bad timing. My phone calls are always answered.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Im trying to spend big bucks with them at this time. No answer X3 on Friday.

Here's the scoop, and I am sure it won't be any surprise to those who have dealt with them before.

They have been out of the office on business since some time last week and failed to get the greeting on their answering machine changed to reflect their absence. Simple as that. John was checking their phone messages while on the road and saw that I had left a message on Friday and then again today. He was nice enough to give me a call instead of waiting until tomorrow. Efwd, if you left a message, you will most likely be hearing from them soon.

Since I am in the 'Pre-Purchase' camp, every attempt to contact a manufacturer is a test to determine if I want to enter into a relationship with them. Below is a short list of my first impressions of the KF crew:

1. They are human! Forgot to change answering machine before leaving town. I forget things more often than I can remember!
    2. They make an effort to stay on top of things and take care of people, even if they are not on-site.
    3. I admit it, I suck on the phone. Despite that, I found it easy and enjoyable to talk with John over the phone.

So, I will soon have my very own copy of the KF Pilot's Guide. That, I am sure, will lead to many questions for them to help me with. So far, so good!

Glad to hear all is well in Homedale. I figured as much, they usually do leave notice. They have even posted such here on this forum. I'm in no hurry, this thing won't be done for some time anyhow. You won't be disappointed with the customer service. I assure you.

This weekend John and Debra drove down to Phoenix on business and to personally deliver a beautiful set of quick built wings to a local customer. They also took time to assist another builder while here. Can't say enough about the owners of Kitfox Aircraft and their commitment to their customers. I saw it again this weekend.
    Got to spend Saturday evening over dinner catching up on their busy lives. Two day drive back home so they left early Sunday morning. Wish they could have stayed longer. Give them a day to catch up on return calls and emails.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

WARNING!!!

Received my Kitfox Pilot's Guide in the mail today. Be ready for some off the wall questions in the near future.....