Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Northern Nevada Trip

Default Northern Nevada Trip

Flew down to northern Nevada to visit a bunch of my old dirt biker buddies I used to ride with. They were camped in the middle of nowhere south of Denio Junction in Nevada. I arrived in Paisley Oregon at 1:30 and stayed overnight in a crummy old Airstream trailer at Summer Lake Hot Springs; kind of a hippy hangout, but the hot springs were nice. Next morning flew to Lakeview for fuel and then to the cycle guys campsite, arriving in the morning with calm winds for landing on the gravel road by the camp. Stayed overnight with them enjoying their company and Dan Hall's good cooking. Flew home the next day after aerial sightseeing over the Humbolt and Steens mountains. Landed (some touch & go's) at Bog Hot Springs, Denio, Fields, and the Alvord Desert. Then home thru Burns.

The 4th photo is the gravel road I landed on. Its fairly smooth but quite narrow and not totally straight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: Northern Nevada Trip

That's so cool Jim! That's what I think will be so awesome about owning a Kitfox. I need to find some friends like those. Of course making friends by just landing out in the dirt somewhere where families are out riding wouldn't be difficult. I guess I have a face to put with your name now!

Jim,
    Now that's some fun flying! Thanks for sharing. Landing on desert roads is always great. And meeting up with friends while doing it is a bonus. Looks like a great time.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Dirt road strips, great friends and food, and a hot spring. Doesn't get any better than that! And yours was the best airplane at the show. Good for you, Jim. I wanna go now