Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cabin heat again

Default cabin heat again

I'm starting to think about cabin heat again. I found this and the price is right, it looks good and it's from an established company. Anyone know anything about it? http://seareycanada.com/Aircraft%20C...%20Heaters.htm
    James Thomas

Default Re: cabin heat again

James it looks pretty much like the Kitfox factory heater option. Why not just buy theirs and the kit comes with all necessary fittings, hardware, hoses, tees, etc. plus instructions.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I didn't know Kitfox offered a heater. I didn't find one on their website catalog. What most impressed me with the heater from Canadian Light Amphibs is the price compared to others I've found. They offer two heaters. Both have dual fans. The 7500 BTU is $139 and the 15000 BTU is $179. Not sure what hardware is included. Spruce has a similar heater, smaller overall with one fan for $434 minus hardware. They're kind enough to sell the installation hardware for another $243. To me, that price is insane. I can go to NAPA and put together my own for a fraction of that price. But for $139 I'd buy and save myself the trouble. I talked to Deb at Kitfox last week. I didn't think to ask about heaters. I'll give her a call back and if her price is good I'll definitely buy from them. I'll call CLA too and see what hardware comes with theirs. Those "tee" fittings might be hard to find at NAPA if they're not included. I'm not flying another winter without heat. I'll let y'all know what I find out. Thanks, James Thomas

Kitfox Aircraft's heater kit is pretty comprehensive.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

That Canadian one looks like it uses an oil cooler for the radiator. Looked on ebay under oil cooler and found this as well as larger ones. Don't know if they will do the job or not. JImChuk
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-15-Ro...3D191925273321

The cabin heat kit is on page 22 of the Kitfox Aircraft Parts & Accessories catalog. Here is the listing:

Dual Cabin Heater Kit for Rotax 912, 912S Series 5, 6, 7 and Super Sport Cabin Heater Kit

Heater Kit
    Part #10076.500
    $399.99

Ralph

I'm in for $399. I probably don't even need it here in southern California to be quite honest but I don't aim to stick around home you know. Isn't that why we build our own plane? As soon as I need to get my Firewall forward kit I will be getting my heater from John and Debra. I don't want to have to do anymore leg work than I need to. There's a project in my garage to work on.

Thanks avidflyer for the tip on the oil cooler on Ebay. For $84.98 it looks like it would be worth checking out. Thanks rv9ralpf for the tip on the heater from Kitfox. It looks like the heater for the model 3 and 4 is $325. It has a single fan. The larger heater for the models 5, 6 and 7 has 2 fans for $455. So far the heater from CLA looks like the best deal by far with 2 fans for 1/3 the price of the others. I see no reason that the higher priced heaters would be any better or worth 3 time more. In my experience, everything airplane related is overpriced. The worst offender so far is the Neat Heater from Spruce for $677 with installation hardware. I'll make some phone calls today and let y'all know what I find out. James Thomas

I have the kitfox heater and am very happy with the heat provided even in the dead of a Canadian winter
    Gary
    Kitfox 4 1200
    Eastern Ontario
    Canada

Check this out, 16,000 btu, $190. http://www.universalpartsinc.com/sho...750255&c=10550