Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

FWIW? Its in Metric! What gives? LOL, Thanks Ross. I can do math still so it is much appreciated. Im at work, so my manual and all the numbers are at home. I opened the manual on the Kitfox website and plugged in numbers that I recall (maybe slightly off). I now get 9.6 when using a negative number for the landing gear. Thank You guys. I will need to do a bit more study of the subject so that I comprehend it all. I will soon be paying for my insurance so I could be taxiing in the near future. Would you believe all my electrical was working, even after I installed the boot cowl. I have discovered a couple Gremlins. Now that they are all tucked away and hard to reach. Thankfully I was able to find the culprits and repair them yesterday. I need to do my own thorough inspection soon before I ask my DAR to come. Slowly but surely.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

So, having the project 15 miles from home has had a bigger impact than I had figured on.
    Wish mine was that close Eddie. Try driving 148 miles one way. Still worth every mile.😎

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Great pic Eddie. Love it!

I here ya on the issues with the plane not being at the house. I enjoy the plane here at home. Everything is here.
    I'm on a waiting list at my local airport, Joplin regional (JLN) for a hanger... It's going to be a long wait but only 15 min. away.
    I have the same thoughts about running back and forth between home or the hanger, bla, bla, bla. So I'm having second thoughts.
    $350 hanger rent a month is plenty of incentive to keep it at home but I'm afraid it will get old trailering the bird home after a long day.
    My shop is big enough for the plane to be in with the wings spread... once it's cleaned up a bit.
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Wish mine was that close Eddie. Try driving 148 miles one way. Still worth every mile.😎
    Same here Steve, Eddie and Brian. I'm 250 km away from my build (about 150 miles, same as Steve). Very frustrating when you take stuff home to work on it - and then forget to bring it back when you go up to the build next time. Can't count the number of times this has happened. So yes, feel the pain .....
    David
    SS7 Builder

BTW, I looked on the FAA website, N69EF is officially registered as of 1/22/19!
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Bam! That's a pretty big milestone Eddie. Get up to Idaho and get to flying!
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Looks like your all set - Congrats!!
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

yeh, 150 miles away could slow things down. Kinda feel silly having brought it up now.
    Yes, I suppose I need to Call Stick & Rudder now. Funny how little things on this project appear, or what I knew was acceptable is now something I want to change so it isn't on my mind. Little stuff like A Molex connector used to connect the heater fans. I don't like them so I want to replace them. Bought new connectors yesterday and will install them Sunday.
    Anyhow, wish I were flying it to Copperstate but....
    I was able to get the day off that weekend so I will be driving. My goal is to make it Friday but I could be there on Saturday haven't really figured out the day yet as I have to work Sunday.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I have a friend’s memorial to attend on Saturday Feb.9th so will try for Copperstate on Friday the 8th. If you make it over look for this.
    F5894784-8EA7-432A-8BC1-A41BB7A110CA.jpg214A2275-ACB4-44A8-88F1-5A3CE59B0439.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I'll try to keep an eye out for that bird, DF4... will be there on Friday, not sure yet of ETA. RV-12 with name "Sunny" on the cowl.