Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

That was neat, Eddie! Do you have any pictures you could post of the camera mount you are using for that?
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

John, the mount is nothing more than the adhesive mount that comes in the Garmin Ultra 30 aviation bundle. I have it stuck to the turtle deck, up as close to the airframe carry through as I could. That location is inadequate for any camera without image stabilization btw. Too much vibration. I bought a very robust mount at Oshkosh. You will notice the Black and Red mount up in the top left corner of the windscreen. I will try to figure out who makes it. I like it but its kinda pricey. Something like $55. It can be quickly removed and moved to any other pipe I want it on like the jury strut or whatever. Can't move the Garmin one.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

https://flightflix.net/product/rs-sl...o-clamp-mount/
    Here is the mount that I bought at Airventure.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks, Eddie! I was mostly curious about your mounting position, and you described that. It seems to be a good viewing angle to me. Flight Flix seems to make some nice stuff.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Years ago, while doing my commercial pilot check ride, I happened to be flying with my boss at the time who owned the flight school. He was my FAA examiner. He demonstrated to me for the first time an emergency descent technique. That was in a Piper Arrow and I could probably demonstrate that maneuver to this day in that airplane. However, I now would like to know how to maximize my descent rate in my Kitfox S7. I chased a second sunrise the other day and after viewing the first from 2500ft I spiraled down to capture the second sunrise. (It is a terribly blurry video but it is up on my Youtube page for my family to view. I dropped my camera so it doesn't focus anymore, I didn't realize it prior to this video). Just search Final Double Sunrise. I didn't bother posting it since its such a low quality. Anyhow, I am curious how you might be flying your KF in a simulated emergency. One notch of flaps, maintain just below flap deploy airspeed and turn circles at a 45 degree bank with throttle off. That is what I understand is the technique. That is not what I did Monday but... Anyone care to add to that? I just discovered that the FAA supposedly added that requirement to the PPL requirement in 2012. Long after I got my PPL.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I'm sure my commercial ride was with the same examiner in the same Arrow.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

I'm sure it was the examiner. It will be interesting to review our log books as to the Arrow.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Well, I am a proud owner of a brand new ignition coil after only 125hrs on it. You may recall I had Lane A light issues (912iS) and we finally chased it down to a bad coil. I hope I can get some serious flight time under my belt without concern of getting more warning lights.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Hope that fixes the problem Eddie. These engines are mysterious enough without having warning lamps glowing at odd times.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

I want a smoke system for Christmas. Can anyone speak to the system that KF sells. Anybody have one? On a preliminary glance, it is far less expensive than the systems found on line.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X