Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Right on Bryan, that would be pretty sweet to be there at the same time. Being that I only need 1 hour Paul suggested he could squeeze me in after someone else goes out for the day. It should be a real quick trip but keep me informed. If you find a slot maybe I could try to swing it during your trip and spend an extra night and we could hang in downtown Boise. Kinda neat down there at night. Im on vacation Mar 2-11 so nothing but white sand beaches for me then.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

So, having the project 15 miles from home has had a bigger impact than I had figured on.
    In addition to lots of family stuff, I don’t seem to make it to the hangar as much as I would like. And, when I do
    I seem to need things that are back at home. Carpenter square was what I needed yesterday. Had to run to Home depot.
    Good news is, the FAA is still registering newly built airplanes. I did expect my registration sooner than four weeks so I made a call. Long story short, send every document they need at the same time. Because I sent one document a day later, my packet was slipped into the new registration pile which takes about 2 months. Since I reserved my N number last year the registration application becomes priority and it should have been finished by now. They kindly pulled it out of the big pile and they tell me I should have it shortly.
    I did my W&B numbers yesterday. Does this sound like par for the course? I came out having numbers like 14.3” as my planes empty CG.

UH OH, things are getting serious now. I just looked on the FAA site and find that I am registered as of 1/22/19!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by efwd; 01-24-2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: new data
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Seems way to tail heavy. Did you use a negative number for the mains? Can you show the math?
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Eddie,

Nice photo! Plane looks great.

FWIW - empty CG on our S7 Trigear was 10.55 @885#

That stuff will vary depending on equipment so not sure comparing individual planes tells a person much. Running a dual electrical system so that moves it forward a bit. In any case, found it impossible to exceed the forward limit.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

At 14" you wouldn't be able to put 50lbs in the baggage area with no fuel and a 150lbs pilot. I think something is wrong. My empty is 7.03" My tail weight is 42 lbs. I'm trying to get more weight aft as that is an extreme example. If you watch Trent's Cub Killer videos, you can over hear John say the tail weight was right around where he wanted it at 64lbs
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Eddie,

my empty weight is 819# and the CG is 9.84”. Tailweight 59#. Like Josh said, the mains should be a negative moment.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Thank you guys. I figure Im doing something wrong pertaining to the mains. I will review.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

FWIW Eddie here is mine

cheers

r
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

I feel your pain Eddie. Moving my plane to the hangar has cut my time spent with it by more than half, and I'm constantly needing something I don't have. With a full time job and school-age kids, I don't think it would have been possible for me to build anywhere but at home.

Let us know how the CG works out. I'll be doing this fairly soon. I need to track down some scales.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Here is mine as well. I also am feeling the plane being far away crunch. Even though I am flying, I'm constantly adjusting things. I'm in the middle of moving weight around and I can't believe how long it's been to get a 2 day job done!
    Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.28.25 AM.png
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3