Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 98 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

I just came on here to share that info with you, Eddie. Glad your registration card worked with Rotax and you're getting the stuff you need now

Thanks Paul. Actually, Bryan from California Power Systems text me the information. He has been an awesome resource and even better, CPS is moving to Chino airport as we speak, so they are my neighbor now. I have to call Rotax and fix whatever has happened to my registration. I briefly read the ASB John. I believe it said it was a manufacture issue. I didn't study it due to the fact its 4 pages long and Im not sure yet if mine is affected.

I would suggest that any of you who are building now, make a log of items with serial numbers. This is the second bulletin I have had on the Rotax and I have had issue with my Garmin auto pilot servos as well. Each time, I have to run to the airport to look because I can't get it out of my head until I know if my Serial Numbers are involved. I am in the process of collecting that Data for myself.
    Last edited by efwd; 10-11-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

This news spurred me to register my Rotax. I've been getting chatty newsletters as a Rotax owner but nothing specific to my engine. Online registration required engine serial #, prop type, aircraft, and the usual personal information about email and mailing address. https://www.flyrotax.com/engine-registration.html
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Thanks Carl. I remember filling out the registration card. I don't recall anything beyond that. The link will help me a bunch.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by bumsteer View Post
    Eddie/Bruce

Where did you purchase your shutoff valves. Bruce, I really like the slim profile of yours. Thanks for any info.

Rick
    Rick, luckily I kept the receipt when I bought these, here is the link https://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/V...20ball%20valve
    they are called mini brass ball valves and I bought 2 of the MVB-LF3 lever valves with 3/8" NPT female ports. Then I went to my local hydraulics place and bought 4 brass barb fittings with 5/16" barbs and 3/8" NPT threads that screw into the valve body. Just checked the pricing and the valves are $5 bucks a piece and the barb fittings around the same price. Haven't gone up much since installing them in 2006. Bruce N199CL

Thanks to both of you.

Rick

Cool Re: EFWD Build

My Fuel Pumps Are Good!

Put it all back together and went flying. Im getting a taste for the cooler air around here. I can't wait for the high temps in the 60's. It performs well usually but it is definetly a noticible improvement as it gets cooler.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

https://youtu.be/xujuJdE-3zA

Just a 3 min clip on some solo fun flying in Southern CA.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Nice flight Eddie. Thanks for the ride.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Borrego Valley?
    Michael Meyers