Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

You can cancel the terrain warning once by touching the little box that pops up or by hitting the BACK key.

If you want to inhibit the terrain warning touch/open the terrain page, push MENU and touch the ENABLED box. This will toggle the terrain on/off. I do this all the time, especially in the backcountry.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Thanks for the ride along Eddie.😄

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thank you Phil, I knew there was a way. Saved me the research.
    Steve, I have ridden along with you on YouTube so much out there in the AZ Desert, this is the least I could do.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Eddie, you built an airplane!!! So great to see you flying! As others have said, your build thread is one of the best on the forum. It has been very helpful - gathering answers to questions as I trailed along a few months behind.

Great job!
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Well, there are a lot of people over 6' tall. Here is 6'3" 280#. Funny how two people 6'3" and taller have called on me (one of the shortest) to try my plane on for size just in the past week. I put a 1 inch pad on bottom, removed the pad from his back but put a different pad behind him that was about 3/4 inch thick. The factory seat cushions come with 1 inch pads minimum. Of all things he could have had trouble with, all he said was his right toe was catching on an adel clamp that was used to secure the electronics tray in place. Looks odd but, the cushion you see is not in its right spot as it is sitting on top of stuff I have in the passenger seat. He tells me he still plans on keeping his appointment with Stick and Rudder next week. IMG_3347.jpg
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I helped probably 50 plus people try on the Kitfox at AirVenture last year. Might have been one that just couldn’t safely operate all controls.

Eddie, we chose the same cushion design.😀

899768F2-7F71-4E87-AF2A-D10FE7E32ABE.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

My knees and heels would be hurting in 30 -45 minutes bent up at that angle if that's with his feet on the rudders. Hope he's comfortable, if he goes for it, for over an hour. My friend puts maybe an inch of moving blankets under my butt and back in his RV-12, and I fit fine, in that. Though by the time 2 to 3 hours is up ( flying to Copper State Fly In in Feb 2019, I feigned a pee break needed to really get out and stretch my legs.

Thank you Eddie, for all you do, helping educate potential pilots on the ways of the KitFox S7 cockpit layout and fit, for us bigger guys.

Yep, those are awesome seat cushions Steve.
    Hey, one of the best reasons for owning a home built is the for the contacts and friends that are out there to be made. Last Sunday an RV7 owner watched me park to have lunch. He scoured my plane, asked me to join them for lunch, paid for my food and with a childish, sheepish grin told me "I want a ride in your plane". We all become kids again around planes I think. I was out and about by myself so He joined me on my flight south of Palm Springs. Any time I can help someone with a decision I am grateful for the opportunity.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

HAHAHA, Im listening to Airventure live cam on You Tube right now. Kitfox 81KA flight is landing there right now. FYI that happens to be the STI Factory plane.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Okay, Airventure is over. Thought I might share a couple clips of the night fireworks that follow the night airshow flights. The Show was titled "The Decades". Music was a sample of each of the past decades for the past 50 years. Ive never seen a fireworks show go so mellow then end on such a High. Watch the first clip, Ba55 by Switchfoot is the song. The second clip is immediately following the "wall of fire" that is typical of the show but the last Finale had people amazed. You will notice that there are three launch areas going at once but my frame is only capturing two. They really did a great night airshow. Watch the plug I have added, it is the same uncut as mine.
    https://youtu.be/Hmr3wj_toZ0
    https://youtu.be/ctEP5eB3GZg

Maybe I will just plug someone else's video.
    EAA AirVenture 2019 Oshkosh WI EPIC Fireworks Part 4 FINAL
    Last edited by efwd; 07-30-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X