Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 94 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

How hot was it in the aircraft during the flight?

I’m in Vegas now, and driving up from Rancho yesterday it was 110 degrees he entire way

11:45 in the morning at 7500 it appears that the EFIS says 68 degrees. It was 102 at 2:00 in North Las Vegas on the tarmac.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Good news. My Lane B light was nothing more than the Manifold pressure sensors (I believe thats what he said) connectors on top of the engine. It seems to me that I fixed the problem at the other end of the cable by reconnecting and securing that end a bit better but nonetheless, I had to buy solid gold to remedy the manifold sensor end. Rotax sells little spring steal clips that slip over the connectors at the manifold to secure them tight. Two of these clips cost me $73! Holy Crap! But, after I experienced the lights over the dessert I gladly got my wallet out. Hope I never see red lights again. I think Rotax should have provided these as a recall or something. Brian at California Power Systems took great care of me though, Super guy. Im taking the Rotax Service class next Wed and Thursday. Should be a helpful class since I really don't know anything much about the engine.
    My recently discovered fun fly area is currently burning right now so I have to wait for Cal Fire to finish their work over there. Till next time.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

That is good news. You’ll enjoy the Rotax classes Eddie. C.P.S. Does a nice job according to everyone I’ve talked to who attended those classes and they all said they came away with a much better appreciation for the design and engineering of their engines and understood the care and feeding of those pricey but reliable little creatures. Not sure if the classes you are attending are already filled up but just in case they aren’t and someone close by wants to register:

BD1E0FE6-1FF6-4404-8AD0-B8BC631E05B8.jpeg

CLASS:
    Rotax 912/914 Service Class

DATES:
    September 11 - 12, 2019

Course price is $500 plus a $50 administrative fee per certification; early registration is recommended since class sizes are strictly limited. Please click the link below to register today!

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Good news. My Lane B light was nothing more than the Manifold pressure sensors (I believe thats what he said) connectors on top of the engine. It seems to me that I fixed the problem at the other end of the cable by reconnecting and securing that end a bit better but nonetheless, I had to buy solid gold to remedy the manifold sensor end. Rotax sells little spring steal clips that slip over the connectors at the manifold to secure them tight. Two of these clips cost me $73! Holy Crap! But, after I experienced the lights over the dessert I gladly got my wallet out. Hope I never see red lights again. I think Rotax should have provided these as a recall or something. Brian at California Power Systems took great care of me though, Super guy. Im taking the Rotax Service class next Wed and Thursday. Should be a helpful class since I really don't know anything much about the engine.
    My recently discovered fun fly area is currently burning right now so I have to wait for Cal Fire to finish their work over there. Till next time.
    Where is your fun area down here? I'm over in Rancho Cucamonga and work in Fontana. I don't know of any areas around here that are off the grid friendly

Hi Rik.
    It's just a one hour flight I have been doing down to the beach. Low level down the south side of Santiago Peak, then on to south of Lake Elsinore, hard right turn, climb and head to the beach. Low over the water north then on home. Not like I am able to land anywhere or anything like that, just a nice route for capturing sunsets at the beach.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

That's exactly what I was thinking.. These flights in NorCal and Utah don't relate to down here I believe as there's not just a spot that you can go land and no one will care.

I have been reviewing BLM maps. I may be going down north of Borrego Springs airport for some dry lake bed landings. We will see.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Sultan Sea Airport (SAS) is a good place to start as its gravel and about 5,000 feet long. El Mirage Dry Lake Bed (SE of Edwards AFB) is BLM property and they allow aircraft operations, just look out for the ATV's and dirt bikes. The Bacon Strip Ranch is by Ludlow, CA and is a large dry lake bed. You can camp overnight there as there are some rudimentary cabins, fire pits, and places to wander around. There are probably a lot more places, but those are the ones i am familiar with and have landed at.

Make sure the lake beds are dry before landing. This is monsoon season for the Mojave Desert and a pop up thunderstorm can turn what you thought was a dry lake bed into a wet one real quick.
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

Don't forget that Agua Caliente is open again. Even though it's paved, it's still a cool spot.
    Mike
    Building the JaMFox N677JM
    Kitfox 5 Vixen
    KRNM