Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

So, I spent a large amount of time learning how to edit using my Garmin Virb app only to have the app freeze up and go inoperative while trying to save it. So, I have a weak rendition of what I had intended to post so I apologize. My photo app on the lap top is not nearly as good as the Virb app so there are no cool transitions, the background music is lame and the video has remnants of segments I have erased. You will see if you choose to watch it. The beginning is a bore I will admit. The climb out is a bit long. Honestly, Ive seen these clips so many times during the process that I think it is all boring. I like having the memory recorded though. Carl, here it is, more video. My next project I wish to pursue is a smoke system. Probably next year. Anyhow, hope this video stuff gets better as well.
    Eddie

https://youtu.be/kOlSxoH_j1U

Oh, Watch the arm dance I do at run up! WTH?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Ahhh, you're killing me but I appreciate the motivation. Looks like flying the plane is fairly routine to you now.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Nice work.
    Mike
    Building the JaMFox N677JM
    Kitfox 5 Vixen
    KRNM

Certainly your kidding Carl. Hahaha. At this rate I feel like it will take me until 400hrs or so before I am totally comfortable. I think that, maybe, because every flight I have flown since completing phase 1, nearly 40hrs now, I have done something different. For example, I landed at a DA of just shy of 10,000ft. today. I did everything I needed to, but once I got close to the ground I began noticing more just how different the character is. Caught a down draft and really had to apply power to get the desired effect. Took a bit to relax after that while eating lunch. I need to go back out to the practice area for some flying other than just point A to B.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Enjoyed the video Eddie. Nice flight. The view was amazing and doesn’t that engine work great on such a small amount of fuel per hour. Your video is witness again of what a fun cross country aircraft we fly. Also liked the quiet between the commentary and atc broadcasts. Gives a real sense of the peacefulness of a Kitfox flight.
    Thanks for posting.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thx, DF4.
    I aim to get out to your neighborhood soon but it is simply too hot for me to endure. I am thinking of making a Sedona trip (as I promised myself) some time in November. If I don't see ya before that then November it shall be in all probability. Might you be attending the 35 year Kitfox celebration?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

QDoesn’t quite look feasible for me to get to the Factory fly in this year. Been pushing hard to finish my S7 soon. Just can’t pull that rabbit out of my hat to get airworthiness cert. and fly off forty hours before Aug. 23rd. It’s pretty much done but for a little wingtip wiring, elt install , weighing, then first engine start. I would expect first
    flight sometime end of August or first part of Sept.
    If you make Sedona trip let me know. I think I can make the 7 minute flight to meet you there.😀
    4CDEAD08-57BF-4EEA-B505-C49BA573EBCA.jpg73463164-07C4-42DC-97FE-4D18B3F0C4E8.jpg
    3C21C58A-137D-46B5-847C-FE570E222FCB.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Good news, Good news. Glad to hear your nearly finished. Yep, that place is beautiful. Plenty to do there as well.

Oh, I intended to land in Cottonwood to show you this thing. Is that where your at?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Yes sir. Live in cottonwood.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

https://spudman.com/article/hoff-bro...-legacy-alive/ Thinking ahead regarding my Cross Country flight to the factory fly-in. I came across this article about the Rainbow Ranch. Just a little bit about the owner and property.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X